Studio 35 Double Edge Razor Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by terbor, Jun 9, 2013.

1. terbor

terbor New Member

Saw these online at Walgreens. Anyone ever tried them? They seem a little bit pricey.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Can't say that I've ever seen 'em. And at that price, even if I do see 'em, I'll be passing them by.

3. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. terbor

terbor New Member

Way cheaper on the Dorco and WCS sites! I wonder if that Walgreens.com price is the same in a brick-and-mortar store of theirs? If I decide to try that blade definitely order from somewhere else.

5. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I tried them and thought they were terrible. Then again, some other blades I tried that were terrible worked well for others, and sometimes worked very well for me in a different razor. There are apparently a few Walgreens that still have the old ASR marked store brand blades. Those gave me very nice shaves in a Edwin Jagger DE89 razor. The store brand double edge blades of any sort seem to average around $6-7 for a pack of ten. The advantage is that you can get a pack of blades right now rather than waiting for shipping (i.e if you don't have any blades yet or run out before the next shipment arrives).

6. terbor

terbor New Member

Sounds like it could end up being a blade of last resort...

7. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

The Wilkinson Swords at Walmart at $1.76 for 10 are a much better deal. I think I read somewhere that 95% of the US population is within 15 miles of a Walmart.

terbor likes this.
  8. Dean810

Dean810 New Member

Certainly overpriced in the store. If you run out of blades in the middle of the night, they are ok. Actually, I shave with two vintage razors, a Gillette Tech and a Gillette Aristocrat. I found these blades worked very nicely in the Tech, but were more work to get a good shave in the Aristocrat for some reason.

9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Saw them some time back at my local Walgreens. Korean made, so I concur with rebranded Dorcos. If so, imho, horrible blades.

10. matt21

matt21 New Member

The packaging says they are made in Israel.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Hi Matt! Welcome to TSD....

Stop by the newbie forum and say Hello! Glad you found us!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  12. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I think I would have to pass on any blade that had STD in it's name.:scared001: