Summertime...Barbeques, Grills & Smokers!

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by HolyRollah, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

First pork shoulder of the season. Smoked this up for the wife’s book club meeting tomorrow night.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I've got a couple of pork shoulders to do tomorrow on a pit barrel cooker. It gives me an excuse not to do any real work.

3. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting! That looks great!!! :happy088:

PanChango likes this.
  4. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Looks good PanChango

Was visiting my father for a few days and he has a masterbuilt electric smoker. At the grocery store we picked up a 7.5lb pork shoulder and made pulled pork out of it.

Dad really liked it and has been eating pulled pork sandwiches everyday since Thursday.

5. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

I did a pork shoulder today. I do my shoulders/butts at around 275 degrees to 190 degrees internal temp then wrapped for an hour or so with great results. Also, the Old Smokey is wonderful for my smokes. I did the snake method and pegged the temp at 275 (+/- 5 degrees) for the entire cook. For around $70.00 with the legs it is for me a very good value. I especially like the ability to control the temps for the long and slow smokes. I used 2 chunks of Hickory and one chunk of Cherry. Delicious.

Butt.JPG Butt1.JPG

BamaT, DaltonGang, Erik Redd and 5 others like this.
  6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Brontosaurus ribs. They look awesome!

Redrock and PanChango like this.
  7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

So I took some warm water tails and butterflied them.

[​IMG]

In went a marinade of citrus, olive oil, cilantro, parsley, paprika, salt, etc for about four hours.

[​IMG]

About 7 minutes on a medium grill.

[​IMG]

Eat!

[​IMG]

8. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Smoked up a few things over the weekend.

Saturday I cold smoked just under 7lbs of mozzarella & extra sharp cheddar.

Sunday I smoked some riblets and a bacon wrapped sausage fatty with cheddar cheese and spinach in it.

BamaT, Redrock, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  9. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Beefalo burgers on a standard charcoal grill. It doesn’t get any better than this!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Potato crusted, ham, broccoli, and cheddar quiche topped with a bacon weave.
    done.jpg

11. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Wow, that looks great! I’ve only ate quiche once, and it was fantastic! And by the way, real men do eat quiche, contrary to certain popular playboy articles!

PanChango likes this.
  12. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Thanks. They are super easy to make, just an omelette pie. You should put one together and have it again. :)

This one took a little work, but I put it together for my mom. She and her friends get together for Mother's day breakfast.

Tiredricefarmer and Erik Redd like this.
  13. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Yesterday was a work day here, so in normal fashion I decided to fire up the grill in order to make things more tolerable.

First I tried a simple no knead recipe in a small cast iron dutch oven.
    CI_NoKnead.jpg

Next was a simple loaf of bread. I much prefer the loaf cooked on the stone.
    Loaf2.jpg

Then since the grill was still hot, I tossed on some drumsticks for dinner.
    drums1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

BamaT, Redrock, BigMike and 2 others like this.
  14. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

Wow PanChango! You definitely utilize your grill/smoker to its fullest. The bread and chicken look great! :happy096: Makes me ashamed that all I've done this year is clean my smoker. Good job!

BamaT, Redrock and PanChango like this.
  15. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Thanks. I have been motivated and having fun with it recently.

Redrock and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  16. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Going with the motivation while it is still here... A few more loaves and a couple rolls today.

morebread3.jpg

17. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Continuing the bread baking.... Today I made a 25% whole wheat raisin bread on the kmado. Baked at 425F until done, about 40 minutes.

It turned out pretty well, but I still have some learning to do. Thanks for looking.

raisin.jpg

BamaT, Ron R, Tiredricefarmer and 3 others like this.
  18. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I made another loaf of raisin bread today. Instead of cooking on the stone, I preheated the dutch oven at 425F for about an hour. I baked 25 minutes with the lid on and then removed it for about 15 minutes. It turned out better than expected. Thanks for looking.

smpyjrt7.jpg

19. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Country style ribs, with homemade rub (Memphis Dust, from Amazing Ribs.com), cooked in the Weber kettle using the snake method and hickory chunks.

F99192FD-629B-4460-826C-03D75F84D00D.jpeg

Almost 5 hours later....

AB6A8E13-6BB3-45CA-B653-15E9E4A66923.jpeg 3BBD6892-B07C-4C66-B380-3CF4C8AE4061.jpeg

Served with fresh fries, baked beans, my wife’s homemade rolls, and my own BBQ sauce recipe (a hybrid sauce with a mildly sweet taste, tangy with some heat). Meat was falling apart, and needed little sauce if any at all.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  20. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Giddy Up!

Nice looking cook.

BamaT, Redrock and Douglas Carey like this.