Super Adjustable Issues

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by John Ruschmeyer, Feb 22, 2016.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I also have all three types of Gillette adjustables and for me the difference is just the way I hold each razor. I do like the shorter and wider handle of the Fatboy myself over the others, but just changing the way I grip them I still get great shaves with them all.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  2. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

The Long-Handles BB is my go-to razor for trying out new blades. I love the balance and sheer elegance of the razor. Best blades for me, so far, are: Gillette Rubie; Polsilver; and Rapira Swedes

Carbide Mike and RetLEO-07 like this.
  3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I'm at the end of a Focus shave to determine what blade I'll be using in my '71 SA-109. So far Feather Black and 7 o'clock Green are neck & neck(no pun intended). But Voskhods are on deck starting Sunday. I really like this razor and it will be in my rotation with my NEW SC and EJ DE89bl.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

So, I've finished my Focus with my SA-109. The Voskhod blade came out on top. It was very instructional learning about the different settings. I had no grip problems. When I had to, I "choked up" on the handle. Now, I'm going on to my NEW SC for a blade Focus. The SA-109 will now be part of my rotation. Hope you resolve your concerns with this great razor.