Super Speed Cleanup

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ocharlas, Jan 8, 2011.

1. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

I know it's just a Super Speed, nothing exotic or exciting, but this SS was my first DE, and it's still my go-to and almost daily shaver (although that may soon change...I've got at least a dozen items that have yet to be tried). I got it in pretty good shape, if a little funky, but you all know how it is.

I've been meaning to get some razor cleaning stuff but the thought always escapes me. Today I got bored and decided to take an electric toothbrush slathered with irish spring to it, and was completely unprepared for the results. I think I must have worked this little guy for about twenty minutes, removed a lot of gunk, funk, grime, and general uncleanliness. It has now gone from a decent "shave grade" razor to...well I would hesitate to say near mint, but not by much. My super speed is shiny everywhere now!

There are still a couple spots here and there, but most of the imperfections you're seeing are due to crappy camera. A friend of mine owns a jewelry store, and I think I'm going to bring her some pieces for a steam bath or whatever it is they got going on in those places.

Again, nothing crazy, I just got a little excited and thought I'd share

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Wow, great job from just some Irish Spring! :signs107

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup. Looks great!

4. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

thanks steve! Look familiar?

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup. So glad you were able to give it some new life. :happy088:happy088

6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Just a Super-Speed...BIT YOUR TONGUE...In its day there was no better DE and I believe the same is true today...
    Congratulations, a beautiful example of the breed...I find Whitening Tooth-Paste can do wonders, but your Irish Spring sure did a fine job..:happy088

7. beautiful!