"Super Speed Love" Week 7/4/11 thru 7/10/11

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hey guys and gals wadda-u-think? Lets have a week of Super Speed Love, and kick it off with some July 4th Super Speed fireworks....And those who so choose, can shave with their favorite SS or SS's and post their SoS posts right here, as well as on the regular SoS Thread if you like...

Originally I was thinking of a Week of Injectors, but then I thought...Most all of us have loved a Super Speed at one time or another. Shoot, most of us started on Super Speeds...So why not take a week to pull these fabulous razors out and share a week of Super Speed Love, memories, and pay homage to a great series of razors that captured the hearts and whiskers of the world for several generations.

And I think that the One Piece Super Speed lineage, and siblings, like the Aristocrats, Senator, Sheraton, Milord, Milady Tech, Regent, Ranger Tech, Executive and President, should be invited and represented aswell.

We could collect alot of great photos and reviews of these great razors aswell as share info on the different blades, razors, and such that yawl have and use.

If we do it the week of 7/4/ thru 7/10 , we can celebrate the 4th of July with some SS fireworks...

It would be 7 days, so if someone misses the begining, they would still do 7 days from whenever they start...

So let me know if your in-to-it. And if a Super Speed 4th works for you guys, and gals...

2. Bird Lives

Just in case this happens...I think I'll start training this week...:happy102

3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I'm down for it. I can put my 89L down for a week and swing a Super Speed around at my face instead. It makes me wish I wouldn't have sold my black handled Super Speed now. I only have the blue, red, and regular tip, I think.....need to check and make sure I'm not missing one....:ashamed001

Injector week isn't a terrible idea either Lloyd. I like them, I just don't really have enough blades to use them all the time but I can surely do a week. It'll give me an excuse to hunt down some more blades for them afterward.

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Lloyd, I'm ALWAYS into it! ;) :D :happy102

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

As you say, if we include all TTO razors then I can play along; I only have one SS, a 48-50 model I think and I only have it because it is buried in the B/S/T and has not been taken.

What I do have is:

President
    Fat Boy
    Super Adjustable
    Knack
    All four colors of Lady Gillete Stars if BG will share...
    Schick Krona

So although not true SS, can play.

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

What about SuperSpeed clones? Weishi, Timor, Vincent, Ming Sui?

I will probably rough the week out.. but SS are far from my favorite razors. Maybe I will stick between a sheraton and an aristocrat.

7. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I'll play, I have my late 40's no date code.

8. Bird Lives

Cool..Very Cool...And We will have to do the Injector week aswell, glad you like the idea...After the Super Speed Celebration, we can pick a week...We will have to give everyone some "get down time" with their regular set-ups, and then do the Injector Week...

EVERYONE Think about it and let me know when you would like to have an Injector Week.

Not much of a stretch for us where, every week is Super Speed love...Hey but this will be the only 4th of July week this year dedicated to the Heroic Super Speed...Maybe we should do this every 4th of July week...:D

Don't know about Adjustables....I think they deserve their own week.That would be fun and interesting, lots of great adjustables here at the Den...:) But thats up to you...Everything else there looks cool to me...I think all Super Speed copies should be excepted since "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"
    And the Lady Gillettes really are Lady Super Speeds as far as I'm concerned...
    The Schick Krona was possibly the finest razor to follow in the SS's foot steps. The Knack although not a SS was a bonefide decendant of the family. And the President was the commander and chief of the Super Speed lineage...

From here on out I think we should appoint a board of two of our peers to decide which razors in the Super Speed Family are excepted...I think you and BG should be the last word on questionable entries as you have given away more Super Speeds than anyone I know...And BG has the Lady Super Speed collection in its entirety. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it...Are you guys up for it.??

All Super Speed copies are allowed and your Sheraton and Aristocrats are highly esteemed editions in the direct Super Speed Lineage...

Actually I think that any razor that you think fits, fits....This is about all of us having fun, so grab the closest thing you have to a Super Speed and let pay tribute to a Timeless Classic....And My camera is on vacation on the Med and I'm not...But pictures as always are extra points...And if you don't post a picture, it didn't happen...:happy102 If any questions don't hesitate to post or if its in the middle of the night and a whisker removal emergency you can contact our Razor Qualifying Board...:D

9. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

:D

Of course I will share the Lady Gillettes, you can use any color you want as long as it's blue. ;)

We also have a gunmetal Weishi we can have a go 'round with.

10. Shawna

PM me your address Bob and I'll send you a couple packs of the EMS blades. They are the best I've used so far in my Injectors.

11. Shawna

:D I'm down with this.

I agree with Lloyd that Adjustables should have their own week. ;)

12. Bird Lives

Very cool...the Razor Qualifing Boards first ruling....:D

13. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Sounds good to me. I have my '56 SS that I just used this morning as "training" for next week.

14. Bird Lives

'56 was an excellent year for SS's...I'm sure your "training" will be quite enjoyable...:cool:

15. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

I am in for this. Only have two Superspeeds though: a Black Handled Superspeed, and a Red Tip Superspeed. :cool::cool:

16. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Like I said, I'll be in on this one. :cool:

17. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

>looks over at my black handle super speed<

Do I hafta? :angry032

:happy097

18. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I play too. I will be out of town. I use my Superspeed as my travel razor. I will post when I get back on Friday.

19. newb

newb Resident Newb

I'm in. I'm excited a week of SS, now I'll have to polish them up and plan the rotation. Sounds fun.

20. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Much better idea for me than the injector week, as I have SS's and know how to wield them! :D Also glad there is some interpretation in the SS line; I will be more than happy to throw my Aristocrat into the ring for next week along with the rest. I believe I might have the drop a blade in my black tip that I still have not put to use yet.