"Super Speed Love" Week 7/4/11 thru 7/10/11

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I use mine at home too, but always when I'm traveling...It always delievers even under adverse conditions...
    Me too...Got mine all shined already...Today when I walked into the bedroom the sun was blasting in the window and made my Black Tip on my dresser light up like a beacon...I was like....all right, all right calm down, I see ya, but you've still got a few days...:D

Your Aristocrat would be super...and please maybe a nice centerfold of the Black Tip...Thats my favorite razor and I love pics...:cool:

2. DClassic

DClassic Member

Count me in ! I have a Schick Kona & several SuperSpeeds! I may have a y-2 , a no-date(49') I can use.

3. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

I'll make sure to polish it up this weekend! :happy005

4. Old Man Army

Old Man Army Member

Count me in! I will use my late 40's no-date Super Speed.

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

As close as I can come (my only TTO) is an Open Comb MicroMatic.

I don't think it fits the bill.

Other then that I have a couple Old Types, a Feather Portable, and a NICE Rolls.

6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'm in with an Aristocrat (might be a Diplomat...I'm neve sure...I'll ask with pics later), a near minty Red Tip and the TV Special. I have a Black Tip but it's locked in the open position so is in the shop.

After using my Damaskeen for the past week, the change will be welcome.

7. newb

newb Resident Newb

I'm setting up the rotation now. I still have to figure which soaps, creams, and AS to use with each razor combo. I take my SOTD's serious:o Early on in my shaving I couldn't get a good shave from a SS. But I knew they were good razors as they were so well loved. So, I spent 2 straight months on SS so I could master them. It was time well spent. I was a little burned out on them after that, so I placed them away and they haven't been used since. It will be like shaving with long lost friends. I can't wait to use the red tip again. Super Speed week is a great idea.
    asswk.jpg

8. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

OK Lloyd, I'm in. I'll be using the 52 Black Tip. May have to do a day or 2 with the SEs but this week will be mostly the SS.

Thanks for the invite,
    Alan

9. Bird Lives

Now is the time for all good people to come to the aid of their super speed

THIS IS IT!!! The 4th is here and the BBQ Grill calls...Fireworks and SUPER SPEED LOVE WEEK is officially begun.....Shavers start you SUPER SPEEDS....AND POST YOUR SHAVES ON THE SoS THREAD...THE REGULAR SHAVE OF THE DAY....THE SoS-(SHOWER OR SHAVE OF THE DAY THREAD)
    POST YOUR SHAVES ON THE SoS THREAD
    POST YOUR SHAVES ON THE SoS THREAD

Happy 4th and See ya there...

10. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I'll be kicking it off with a D3 Red Tip, and ending it with a Milord.

11. Bird Lives

or be square...Sounds killin' Sodapop....

12. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Just finished with the Black Tip a few minutes ago. Will now post.

Alan

13. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Black tip today as well... rough shave - but that may be do the ancient blade I used.

14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

What blade, if I may ask?

15. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

My lineup

I doubt I'll have time to post pics this week so here's my whole week line-up of razors-I love these razors. Hate to say it on the 4th of July but I think the British ones may be the best shavers. The Sharaton is an exception to this but I don't have a British one to compare.
    From left to right:

British 40's SS-rocket
    Red Tip
    Aristocrat
    Sheraton
    British Flair tip-rocket
    American Flair Tip
    British Aristocrat Jr-rocket

Enjoy your SS's everybody!

Attached Files:

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

That Sheraton is tough looking. :happy088

17. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

An old Gillette Thin out of a box that almost crumbled apart... Like I said, any roughness in the shave may be do the the blade. Hey, it was a made in the USA blade.

18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I've got some sealed boxes of those and planned to crack one open for this week.

Think stropping would help yours any?

19. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I already palm stropped. It was a decent enough shave - it just felt like a 4 day old blade. I only put it in for today's 4th of July shave.

20. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I hand stropped my vintage Gillette Thin today and yep a day 4 blade is about what it felt like-better than I expected actually.