"Super Speed Love" Week 7/4/11 thru 7/10/11

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Jun 26, 2011.

1. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

:D

Man, I may put up the blue tip for sale after today.....crappy kick off to SuperSpeed week. They aren't my personal favorites, Super Speeds, but I got them and am going to participate! Tomorrow is the red tip and then the std flare. I think I may just stick with the red and std for the rest of the week cause the blue tip really made me wish I'd have skipped the shave in it's entirety.

2. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

I hear ya Bob. I really wish I could get as great a shave from a BlueTip as I would like too, but its usually doesn't click for me. I think I keep mine around just to help complete the collection. Might use it this week in honor of the SS's but it'll only get tapped for the honor once.

3. battle.munky

Yeah, I don't think I'll sell it but I'm more than certain that I'm not going to use it again this week.

4. newb

newb Resident Newb

At least you have more favorable SS's to finish the week strong. I think I run a risk of having disappointing shaves the rest of the week because the initial bar for me was set with the Red tip. I like the SS's but to me none deliver like the Red Tip. It looks like it was a Great 1st day of SS Love fest.

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

So just use the Red Tip for the remainder of the week....

It's a SS. You get good shaves from it. No sense in waisting time with less than enjoyable shaves.

6. newb

newb Resident Newb

I was thinking the same thing, but I've polished up the herd so they are ready to get their SOTD pictures taken.:D The last couple of weeks I've been using mostly what I would call my difficult razors. An Old Style, that Darn Ikon, and a couple of Str8's. Today's shave was the easiest and smoothest shave I've had in 2 weeks. Near BBS, could have got it with a little touch up, but I was short on time. I am certainly considering scrapping my plans of SS photography in favor of excellent shaves. Dilemmas:o

7. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Used my NDC Super Speed today, and will probably use it until the blade is shot, after that I'm not sure. :think002

May switch over to a TV Special or one of my other Flair Tips, and while the shave they give me is certainly more than passable, they just never seem to match the NDC's shave quality.

8. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Got out the '56 SS this morning which had a Shark Super Chrome blade in it. Paired it with a Proaso + MB's Awakenings uberlather and Ended up with a near BBs shave this morning. All but a little bit along my jaw line was taken care of nicely with the SS. I shave every other day and being as I only have this one SS, I'll be having a go with it again on Thursday. WooHoo!

9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hey man...Take their pictures, share their pictures, I'm sure they desire it...But shave with the one that "knocks it out the park"...:D

All you guys...You can take pics of the whole collection...do creative fold-outs with whichever SS is photogenic at the time...But seriously...Put the blade to the face with the one that will give you the easiest, closest shave, and that shows you the most fun and best time...Theres no question about that...:cool:

10. newb

newb Resident Newb

I used a 58 TV today. I've had 3 in my collection that were mint, all were sold to fund this AD. This was the only user grade I've ever had. I actually had never used a TV SS before. I'm glad I stuck with my rotation as the TV SS is a mighty fine shaver. It left my head BBS, and it will certainly earn a rotation with my head shavers. A very capable shaver to say the least. I would say it was just a very little bit less aggressive than a RED Tip , but all in all very nice. SO maybe tomorrow will bring more pleasant surprises ? Let the SS Lovefest continue. Oh which Super Speed to use next?

11. battle.munky

My regular flare tip and the red tip are doing well for me. I can definitely say I won't be suffering through the rest of the week. The blech tip is going to sit it out though. That was my worst shave in nearly a year.

12. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

I just did a Red-Tip marathon a week or so ago with 4 different blades, so I am a little out of sync this week. However, keeping the spirit of SS week, I may do a day with my Lady Gillette which hardly gets any use now. It used to be my back-up travel shaver for years, and was a great shaver.