Super Speed Score Week

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by geeeyejo, Aug 28, 2014.

1. geeeyejo

geeeyejo Active Member

Screenshot_2014-08-28-19-55-04-1.png Screenshot_2014-08-28-19-54-48-1.png Screenshot_2014-08-27-20-51-43-1.png Screenshot_2014-08-27-20-51-32-1.png Haven't picked up any razors lately. Actually went to a flea market with the wife and couldn't locate one vintage razor! Think she felt bad so asked the other day if I wanted to pick one up- off to EBay!
    Bought these two on two consecutive days- a 54 - the first year for the Flair Tip and then this 47 - the first year and one year only (no notch) Super Speed. Great prices on both IMHO. Now to wait for the mail!

2. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Not bad son. I picked up a 57 ss at a tag sale for 5 bux with case. It had some corrosion so that is why it was so cheap. I did get it replated however.

geeeyejo likes this.
  3. geeeyejo

geeeyejo Active Member

There is no love for my super speeds lol

4. BigMark

None at all son.

5. Edwin_Hernandez

Edwin_Hernandez New Member

Where can you go to get a razor replated??

6. BigMark

geeeyejo likes this.
  7. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Just two weeks ago I picked up a '58 TV special super speed for $2 at an estate sale, with the case. Both almost mint.

For replating I recommend Razor Plate. Chris is great.

geeeyejo likes this.
  8. geeeyejo

geeeyejo Active Member

I would only replate a really special razor. I have a birth year/quarter Fatboy but it is nice enough to not really need a replate. Otherwise I just clean, buff and use them...