Superior 70 Alcoholado

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by aqualung, Jun 9, 2016.

1. aqualung

aqualung Active Member

Anyone ever use this as post shave. Heading to Puerto Rico and plan on bringing back several bottles since it's super cheap there (under $2 for a large bottle) and smells great. We use it as a home remedy for everything from scrapes to bug bites.

[​IMG]

2. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Superior 70 is not bad stuff. I have a sample of the bay rum, but I use it to mix with other aftershaves to make Bootleggers Bay Rum.

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  3. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Can you get this locally in the mitten?

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  4. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I have a bottle. Some Walgreens & Latin grocery stores around here carry it for $2. It's just a basic alcohol splash and I use it similar to how I use generic witch hazel. There is no diffuser so you'll have to throttle the pour with your thumb. The scent is a nice pure bay rum but only lasts for a few minuets. When I was in PR I saw a menthol version as well but didn't try it.

5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I use it as well. Mine is augmented with an unknown? Green leafy susbstance.
    My late mother in law claimed it relieved headaches. Ive used it several times as an aftershave.

6. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

If the leaves look like these:
    image.jpeg
    It's probably Feverfew. Very good for headaches.

7. SHAVEWIZARD420

You may be able to find it at Hispanic grocery stores, which around here would be south west Detroit. It can be found online for a resonable price as well.

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll have to look at the Mexican grocery stores around here.

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  9. SHAVEWIZARD420

No problem. I have heard of people finding Florida Water, Hoyts, Orange Blossom Water, and others at the Mexican stores as well.

Robyflexx likes this.