Tabac shaving soap?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Darkbulb, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I am more and more loving my Tabac EdC.
    Has anyone tried the Tabac shaving soap and if so how does it perform and how did you find the scent?

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  2. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

If you like the EdC you will love the soap. I hated the scent at first and still wouldn't use the EdC or AS as they are all very close in scent. The performance of the soap is so great for me, that I have started like the scent of the soap.

Scent is very important to me. That being said if I will continue to use a soap without liking the scent. It has to be outstanding!

Hope that helps in some way.

Darkbulb likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Simply fantastic. I'm one who likes the scent.
    A MUST HAVE in my den.

crackstar, Tdmsu and Darkbulb like this.
  4. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I'm curious about it too, but if it smells close to the edc its a deal breaker =P

Darkbulb likes this.
  5. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I would buy it again and again. The scent is fantastic as well as the lathering abilitys and skin care.Great soap!!!

crackstar, Darkbulb and Omelmad like this.
  6. SDK

SDK it's his fault

I have tried the cream. Might be the slickest stuff I have used so far. If you like the smell of the EDC, I would think getting the soap is a no brainer for you. Definitely a quality brand.

I personally couldn't take the smell. My best description would be sitting in a musty attic with an old man. Somewhere in this attic is a stale ashtray.

Of course, smell is subjective and YMMV.....

Darkbulb likes this.
  7. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Tabac is a really good soap and it comes in a large puck that lasts a long, long time. I wasn't sure about the scent at first but it grew on me. I'd put the performance very slightly below Arko.

Tdmsu and Darkbulb like this.
  8. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

Tabac has never let me down. I like the scent. More importantly my wife likes the scent.

The scent is a half and half type. Half of the crowd likes it and the other half of the crowd hate it. And remember YMMV.

Darkbulb and ChiefShaver like this.
  9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Exactly!

(My jar)

[​IMG]

Darkbulb and ChiefShaver like this.
  10. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I enjoy the scent of the soap, so much so that I have backups for backups. The cream is a weird yellow color, it works okay.

The A/S was a MASSIVE let down for me because it does not smell like the soap.

Darkbulb likes this.
  11. Omelmad

If you watch this you are really gonna wanna try it LOL

crackstar, ChiefShaver and Darkbulb like this.
  12. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I'm one of the weirdos, love the cream but have other soaps I'd much rather use. I do like the scent but it took awhile.

Darkbulb likes this.
  13. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Excellent-lathering soap with very good glide; Scent is tolerable—not a deal breaker as the soap is exceptional.

Omelmad and Darkbulb like this.
  14. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I love the scent. My grandfather used Tabac and it reminds me of him.

Objectively seen it's kinda an old man scent, but I happen to like it despite my young age.

Performance is outstanding!

15. Omelmad

Damn, i might have to try this soap before dismissing it...

16. Wawmd

Wawmd Member

Sorry all. The scent reminds me of a perfume my grandMOTHER used to wear. Spot on. Couldn't do it.

17. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Sure it wasn't Alt Insbruck? Those are interchangeable in scent and it's a true unisex scent.

Never met nor heard of a female using Tabac - at least not in this part of the world :)

Omelmad likes this.
  18. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Alt Innsbruck is definetly an Unisex scent. I never smelled Tabac on an older women.

By the way...my GrandMOTHER loves Alt Innsbruck very much!!! :rofl:

crackstar likes this.
  19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

100% sure she was a GrandMOTHER? ;-)

20. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Did your grandma have a perm? It does smell, to me anyway, like the perm products older ladies use to use.