Tabac Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by mfs, Feb 8, 2009.

1. mfs

mfs New Member

Has anyone found Tabac Soaps or Creams in any stores? If so, where? Or is it only available online? If only online, what is the best website as far as price and shipping costs?

2. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

I ordered mine from Shaving Essentials. Best price for the bowl and puck combo around.

3. LS48

LS48 New Member

I found Tabac soap refills at my local Wal Mart for $6.95 . (Just kidding - Please excuse impish behavior)

Cheers, Larry

4. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

http://www.qedusa.com/

$15 with bowl is the best price i know of. Quirky as hell webpage but worth it. Pleasure to deal with also. Shipping is fair and accurate but of course not cheap

5. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Okay Larry, being a Newbie we'll give you this one but the next time . . .we shall determine what happens when that happens.

Oh, by the way. Welcome to TSD your humor is appreciated, really!

6. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

I ordered mine today from parfum1. The regular price is $12.50, reduced to $10 with the V-day promo code. Total with shipping was $17.95. If you go through Amazon, you get it from Parfum1.

7. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

I fell for it. My heart leaped a little.

8. mmack66

mmack66 Member

I am waiting for fragrancex.com to have the refill on sale again for $7.

9. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Amazon itself (not Parfum1) sometimes sells Tabac with a bowl for $14. The bonus there is that, since it's Amazon, you can get free shipping if you combo enough products, or 2-day shipping for "free" if you've paid for Amazon Prime. I haven't checked if they're selling it right now, but it's worth a look.

10. CatMan

CatMan Member

Refill is $8.33 @ Amazon right now. Best price I've seen in a long time!

11. Fenix

Fenix New Member

I refuse to order from QED because of the website. I get so annoyed looking at it. I love their shave sticks, however.

12. Readerbob

Readerbob New Member

I was in NYC last week, and several pharmacies (Pasteur's is where I was) have it. Pasteur's had four sets of shelves (maybe 8-10 in each set) full of shaving products. It was like heaven for a wet-shaver. But I think you have to get lucky to find it locally.

13. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

The item still ships from Parfum1, even though you're ordering through Amazon. As of last night, it was $12.50 for the bowl.

14. riffin

riffin Active Member

Ha! I grabbed my car keys before I read the small print! :happy102

15. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Good enough. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that it fell under "Amazon" in terms of shipping (i.e., I got it "free" under my Amazon Prime membership).

16. grampi

grampi Member

Why does Tabac sell refills? My puck never seems to get any smaller. ;)

17. Jimbo

Jimbo New Member

I have not had much luck finding it on the shelves in Australia either. Klaus (moviemaniac - thanks again Klaus) sent me the soap in a bowl Tabac some time ago now, and I find it excellent.

I am starting to worry about what is going to happen in 3 years time when I run out...

James.

18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It is true--one soap of Tabac is last for years, and years before to even start to get smaller.

19. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Believe it or not gents you can actually reduce the puck size. Mine's about 1/3 to 1/2 gone now. I'm just waiting for another FragranceX $7 and free shipping deal to appear. :happy088

20. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Snacking on the puck doesn't count, Shep.