Taconic Shave Cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by eaglewing59, Apr 25, 2016.

1. eaglewing59

eaglewing59 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with Taconic shave cream, specifically the Bay Rum scent? I bought a jar and the cream is hard, all the way through. I tried to stir it with no luck. Is this a croap or what. I don't really like the scent either. Thanks for you assistance.

crackstar and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  2. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have a sample of Taconic shaving cream. The bay rum scent smells like cinnamon to me, but my sample is a soft cream. They also make a glycerin soap that I was not very impressed with, but the cream is not bad. If the cream is too hard, you could either scrape out a small amount and lather in a bowl, or lather right on the tub.

crackstar likes this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I had the lime-tequilla awhile back. IIRC, it was a hardish soft soap which I let dry out into more like an old putty so that I could lather with in the jar. The scent was OK and the performance was good, but nothing so wonderful that I need to restock it. IIRC, it was a little pricey too.

Yehuda D and crackstar like this.
  4. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

I have both Bay Rum and Tequila Lime. Good latherers, scent not too strong, decent protection, but they dry out my skin. I will use them but probably not buy the cream again. I also have some of the soaps and found them to be good performers.

Yehuda D and crackstar like this.
  5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I've got the Bay Rum and it's a little hard but not egregiously so. I do like the scent. Clubman VI Bay Rum AS goes good with it:cool:.

crackstar likes this.
  6. RetLEO-07

Going to use my Taconic Bay Rum Shave Cream on Friday. I think I'm gonna start using it like a soap. It's pretty hard, if I knew then what I know now I'd of been using it that way all along. :)

richgem and crackstar like this.
  7. RetLEO-07

As I said above, broke out the Taconic Bay Rum Shave Cream this morning. Treated it as a soap and using my @Jayaruh JR#161 brush, whipped it up into a fragrant, slick, shiny lather. The Bay scent was really nice and lasted 'till the rinse and cold towel. Then it faded, but the Clubman VIBR took over and I was smelling good!
    Overall a very nice BBS shave was had and my day and weekend are off to an outstanding start!
    TGIF y'all!

richgem likes this.
  8. RetLEO-07

Using Taconic Bay Rum cream this morning. When I got it, it was solid all the way through. The last few times I've used it I treated it like a soap. Today will be no different. JJ#1, the USS Belleau Wood CVL-24 tribute brush by @jimjo1031 will draw the assignment.
    UPDATE: 2.5 pass BBS shave. Slick, nice cushion and smelled GREAT!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017