Tea Drinkers?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Ryan B, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I drink tea like it's going out of style. I love sweet tea, Earl Gray, chai, and green tea.

What are your methods of making tea? Bags, or other methods?

2. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

I make iced tea with bags. I never drink the stuff hot though.

Edison Carter likes this.
  3. nascarfandan

nascarfandan Active Member

Steep loose tea in an infuser, although swmbo got me a sampler of Fortè tea which come in these really neat pyramid shaped mesh sachets. Went to a tea bar in Seattle once and picked up some nice green oolong which has become my favorite.

4. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I steep in an infuser, usually imported loose china gunpowder or pu-erh pucks which I cut chunks off.

I love that stuff. I also am a fan of oolong variants. On hot summer days I like an all natural roibush steep.

I don't drink nor like coffee, so my daily hot beverage is plenty of tea. Bonus: It keeps the colds away. Since I started drinking tea I am very very seldom sick. Very nice!

5. KLF

KLF Doctorin

I drink tea mostly on winter, mostly black, sometimes green, in bags. I plan to buy some loose tea and an infuser for my next tea season, starting november :)

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Just not big into tea, myself, hot or iced.

Weeper Warrior likes this.
  7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I mostly use bags for the convenience. Most of the time it is either PG tips or Tetley British Blend.

I never have it sweetened or with milk, and don't like flavored teas, Earl Grey, or Chai. Every so often I will have a cup of green tea or use my infuser for some good loose leaf tea.

During the summer, I make it iced and have it warm in the winter. I also like coffee but don't drink it much, a couple cups a month at most.

Stubbl E and alpla444 like this.
  8. Kawika503

Kawika503 Active Member

Hot tea...no thank you, I like my coffee. However, once the clock strikes 12 noon, I stop drinking coffee. I rarely drink soda (or 'pop' depending what parts you're from :p) and most often will drink Iced Tea with lemon, no sugar. If I'm at a restaurant, I'll drink whatever tea they have that is unsweetened. Otherwise, good'ol Lipton tea has never left a bad taste in my mouth...no pun intended.

I've made Iced Tea using teas bought from Trader Joe's (if you have one in your area). Passion Fruit and Hibiscus were my favorites. Slightly fruity, but not sweet. Give it a try if you're not too steeped in tradition. (Now that pun, was intended)

9. tuxxdk

I believe those who doesn't drink tea because they don't like it owe to them selves to taste a proper steeped loose tea.

When I was younger I only knew of Lipton, Pickwick and the likes. Common denominator was they all tasted awfull. Hence I disliked tea.

I then tried some loose tea in an infusee and boy that was tea heaven. There is no comparisement.

Try it. If you still don't like it, no problem. But until then I'd say you haven't tasted tea :)

5Savages likes this.
  10. tuxxdk

Ps: not trying to preach or anything. I just see it like proper wetshaving vs canned/multicartridge.

And of course that our tastebuds are not alike. It all reminds me I need to try proper coffee instead of the cheap bagged at the discount.

11. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

I was a espresso and strong tea addict, but after being recently diagnosed with a hiatus hernia I have been told by the doctor to stay clear of caffeine, I now drink decaffeinated green tea!!

Ryan B likes this.
  12. Ryan B

I like coffee and tea. I drink more tea though. I'll have to get some loose tea and an infuser to see what I'm missing. I love green tea though. I don't put any milk or sugar in that. I like lemon tea too.

13. Ryan B

Even though I hated almost everything about living in Egypt, one thing I loved was the tea. There would be people sitting outside drinking tea and smoking hookah all the time. They would invite us over to sit down for a second, drink some tea and have a few puffs off of the hookah.

Double Edge Dougy likes this.
  14. Star

Star Active Member

Love it. I use a metal teapot on the stove for heating my water and one of those small metal balls for the steeping. I steep mine in the cup (for time's sake). I don't use sugar or milk.

I'm not any sort of authority on the matter, but the most important thing I have noticed is the timing. For me, I will fill the cup with hot water first so that it is consistent (if the cup is cold it will change the water temp, obviously). I use hot (just under boiling temp) water for blacks like EG and less-hot water for herbals.

I prefer Earl Grey and this nifty Rose petal herbal jazz made at a local mom and pop.

tuxxdk likes this.
  15. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

Just recently I started brewing oolongs with an infuser. It's looking like a whole new set of ad's may be kicking in.

tuxxdk likes this.
  16. mbastings

mbastings Active Member

I love tea as well. I prefer sweet tea in the summer time, and it's not enough sugar till the spoon stands straight up. When the temp drops below 50, I like my tea hot. My preference is for either PG Tips, or Typhoo. I use the pyramid shaped bags for the PG Tips, and loose leaf for the Typhoo. It's brewed in my Brown Betty kettle. I like mine with a little honey and a touch of milk. Ah, this is making me long for the Fall.

17. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Jasmine Pearl tea with an infuser is my preference.

tuxxdk likes this.
  18. Sparkfly88

Sparkfly88 plain

I drink sweet tea like it's going out of style. At restaurants I'll have like 6 glasses with my meal..

I've been called a camel on multiple occasions... :D

19. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I add whisky sometimes, other times I add Irish cream. If I'm drinking it cold, I prefer Southern style sweet tea.

Ryan B likes this.
  20. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I like tea, too. I steep it loose in a strainer cup I got from teavana. I like tea flavored with acai the best, but a good earl grey or green is also delicious.