Tea Drinkers?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Ryan B, Sep 12, 2013.

1. GingerAl

GingerAl New Member

Had a cup of Tazo Earl Grey during work earlier. I've had better Earl Grey but it got the job done.

I used to drink various brands of green tea in the morning but I've fallen out of that habit, not sure why exactly. I should get back on that.

danbuter likes this.
  2. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I put away my coffee pot in July this summer. Finally wore out my taste for the stuff after 35+ years. Since then I've enjoyed 2 or 3 cups of Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast teas most days, sometime less, rarely more. For a month or so, I tried to find teas with the most caffeine, but as I've purged that stuff from my system, I find myself gravitating more to lighter brews. My tastes are pretty pedestrian running towards the Twinnings brand available in our Kroger's and other local markets. We do have a funnel looking infuser and I've enjoyed a White Earl Grey from Dazbog. I woke up this morning with a bit of an upset stomache, so I'm drinking a cup of organic green tea with ginger.

One style that I don't like at all is the various Chai teas. I'm not a fan.

danbuter likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Can't say I am a fan, either.

Troy M likes this.
  4. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I have a cinnamon flavoured chai. Gotta say I love it. It's from the local tea house.

Besides that, any chinese oolong or green is good for my taste buds.

danbuter likes this.
  5. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

Always have black dragon pearls black and fujian rain oolong on hand. Mainly a coffee drinker though.

6. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Heretic!

Troy M likes this.
  7. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I drink most of a pot of coffee a day. My doctor suggested I lower from the two pots I was drinking last year. I have been drinking a lot more white and green tea. Loose, steeped with an metal strainer in a cup. If I am sharing my tea, I make it in a cast iron kettle. I always time the steep, to keep the tea from getting bitter. Only way I drink black tea is iced, no lemon, no sugar. When I travel to the south, people are confused when I order iced tea this way.

danbuter and Enrico like this.
  8. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Unsweetened iced tea is becoming more available here in the south nowadays. Often you hear people order half and half. (Sweet & unsweetened) Especially those northern transplants who aren't used to the syrupy sweet tea we grew up on.

danbuter likes this.
  9. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I drink Yorkshire Tree...

[​IMG]

10. swarden43

Had my first cup of Taylor's of Harrogate Scottish Breakfast Tea. Excellent!

danbuter likes this.
  11. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I buy tea from adagio teas by the pound. I haven't met very many black white or green teas I didn't like. I don't enjoy herbal or red tea and the very smoky or floral teas don't get used by me either. I like some sugar with my black teas, hardly any sugar with my whites and nothing in my greens. I'm working my way thru a pound of earl grey now but I also have Irish breakfast and some tins of green teas.

danbuter likes this.
  12. swarden43

Yup, old thread. But fall and winter mark the tea season for me.
    Sipping a cup of Twinings Lapsang Souchong as I type and watch the Weather Channel.

danbuter likes this.
  13. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

Turkey Hill Diet Ice Tea

Love it.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

danbuter likes this.
  14. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

I moved away from coffee back in Jan2017.
    I found out that I really like Barry's gold blend. Also like Lyon's gold blend, Barry's classic, and Twinings Assam.
    I always drink it black.

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

After 6pm I enjoy Twinings herbal ... Lemon Ginger :D

danbuter and CarlfromMO like this.
  16. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Pretty much pedestrian here; I love Earl Grey teas and variations.

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

danbuter likes this.
  17. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

I'm working my way through a box of Twinings English Breakfast Tea that I got at half price at Ollies (a local discount chain).

Enrico and CarlfromMO like this.
  18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I never tried Ollies for tea; now I'll have to check them out. :cool:

danbuter likes this.
  19. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

One of our guinea pigs is called Ollie

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

20. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Irish Breakfast Tea