Tea Drinkers?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Ryan B, Sep 12, 2013.

1. GawainandtheGreenKnight

GawainandtheGreenKnight Well-Known Member

I love English breakfast tea, Twinings, Trader Joe's are the brands I like. I use an electric kettle to boil my water and steep the bag for 5 or 6 minutes.

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs011: from Twinings.

3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs011:

4. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Ditto on the Twinning Breakfast Teas, with a preference for Irish.

I bought mine in the 100g loose leaf tins.

5. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Yup.:)

6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Turkish Tea is my favorite lately.

7. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I'm rather pedestrian in my tastes. Whatever is available. I've had a lot of pepermint tea lately to help with chemo caused naseau.

8. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

I grew up in England where hot black tea is a staple.

My current preference is Taylor's Yorkshire Gold, although Tetley British Blend will do and it's widely available in the U.S.

The first thing I do every morning is to boil some water and and make tea in an English Brown Betty teapot. My wife and I drink 4-6 cups a day, piping hot with a splash of milk. No sugar.

brit, CarlfromMO, Ursa and 1 other person like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

While my wife's taste in tea is quite varied in the herbal teas, I like to stick with Twinings mandarin orange honey bush or the Twinings lemon ginger.

10. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Usually Lipton or Tetley with sugar and lemon, sometimes honey and lemon. Once in a while I'll have an Earl Grey tea.

Ursa likes this.
  11. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Twinings loose leaf Lady Grey is perhaps my favorite, but I like the entire Twinings black tea lineup.

Paul Turner likes this.
  12. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

IMG_2131.jpg
    I enjoyed several infusions of a nice Bei Dou Oolong this evening. Soon I'll be trying out my new left handed kyusu teapot, probably with a nice Japanese Sencha.
    IMG_2130.jpg

Enrico likes this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

tetley green tea with mint, twinings earl grey, mostly green tea.was a huge coffee drinker until a few years ago, now coffee once a month or so with irish cream as a treat...

Ursa and Enrico like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Been thinking about a hot mug of tea since the cool air arrived. Finally got around to digging in the storage out in the garage to locate the cast iron kettle I bought more than a decade ago. Some heavy scrubbing to remove a little rust, vegetable oil and an oven bake to season. First time I've used it since I started collecting cast iron kitchenware.
    Twinings Earl Grey in the French press, and shared a mug with my grand daughter Jenisis on the front porch. Fifty three degrees and clear skies.
    Tea with Jenisis.gif

Frijolero, brit and CarlfromMO like this.
  15. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

My current preferred teas:
    Market Spice Tea from the Pike Place market
    Murchies afternoon tea
    Harney and sons Chocolate Mint
    Moroccan Mint

Frijolero and brit like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

A little birdie told me The Dollar Tree down the block is marking all their teas down to half price. Time to go shopping. :scared007:

Frijolero and brit like this.