Tell me about Bay Rum soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by sas71, Jan 10, 2009.

1. slickskin

slickskin New Member

I will have to give that a try... thanks for pointing that out! :D

2. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

I can attest to the fact that the TSD Bay Rum cream is great. That's what got me loving the scent so much.

3. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I haven't tried TSD cream yet, but I just got the AS Splash in Bay Rum, and I love the TSD Bay Rum scent :happy088

4. Oso

Oso New Member

Bay Rum was the order of the day for me.

Bay Rum is spicy, but those spices, depending on the brand, can include bay (of course), cinnamon, clove, pepper, and I'm sure some others. I have never felt any burn from any of this other than the witch hazel and alcohol in my AS.

Today I used TGQ Bay Rum shaving soap and then finished with Mama Bear's Winter Milk that I ordered with Bay Rum scent added. As the witch hazel sensation dissipated I felt slight numbing sensation which I think may be attributed to the clove oil which is a natural anesthetic.

If you have sensitivities I would try a sample do a small test before going for the full lather.

5. Spicy refers to part of the complexity of the scent. It doesn't mean that the creator chucked some Dave's Insanity sauce in the mix. It just refers to certain specific spices... not necessarily designed to create a physical sensation, just a scent.

6. Oso

Oso New Member

That was the point I was trying to make. You said it better.

7. Truckman

Truckman New Member

FWIW, I used Ogallala Bay Rum and Limegrass soap this morning. Awesome shave, however the lemon overpowered the Bay Rum and I felt like I was using a lemon scented soap. However, the Ogallala Special Reserve A/S splash quickly took care of that.

Bay Rum is quickly becoming my crack. :D

8. rrp1501

rrp1501 New Member

The Ogallala Bay rum/Sandalwood soap is awesome. Shave and Bath. It has the creamiest, slickest lather I have experienced. The need for Pre shave oil is only a personal choice with this soap, not a necessity as with some others. The scent is reminiscent of an old time barber shop and is enough to last all day if you so desire.http://www.ogallalabayrum.com:bounce015