Tell me about your favorite aftershave and why you like it.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Salty Belle, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You forgot to say "and/or knock the stripes off a zebra". :)

2. Key2Wellness

Key2Wellness Active Member

So I decided to go old school for my first aftershave. It is Clubman Special Reserve. It reminds me of the barber shop I went to as a kid/young adult. It is a classic smell which lasted a good amount of time. Going to keep this in my rotation.

Demidog and Paul Turner like this.
  3. Paul Turner

When I finish my current Clubman AS(the regular scent) I will decide about getting that again, or the SR.

4. Key2Wellness

Key2Wellness Active Member

I also have the Clubman Musk on order. Should arrive on Monday.

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

let me know about that Musk, please. Glad to see you're a "Man of Clubs" :)

6. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

I really like the Fine products as they are very simple containing water, alcohol, menthol & fragrance. I absolutely love the American Blend & Platinum. However, my favorite is Floid Vigoroso as it gives a great post shave feel and has a great scent with a menthol kick..............

Carbide Mike, Paul Turner and Otto like this.
  7. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I have one aftershave now. Clubman Pinaud.

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. Bjoerge Brathagen

Bjoerge Brathagen Well-Known Member

i prefer alcohol based splashes because of oily skin.i use floid,tobs,pinaud,t&h,trumpher,fine etc.love them all

Carbide Mike likes this.
  9. Asafiev

Asafiev Member

Cold River after shave tonic and lotion. Tis good!

Carbide Mike likes this.
  10. ChipNWedge

ChipNWedge New Member

I tend to prefer an alcohol splash with a little bite that also contains some moisturizing goodies.

I prefer glass over plastic for my aftershaves generally.

I have quite a few in the rotation, but I would say I come back more often to the Proraso Green ... which surprises me because I'm not a menthol head at all. They include just enough to make it interesting I guess. The scent is nice and not overpowering + doesn't last too long. Certainly not offensive. I'd call it a complex barbershop.

The wife REALLY likes the Stirling Executive Man. She is not a fan of anything that smells powdery or "old", as she puts it. So quite a few samples have gone the wayside.

I'm on a quest to make a Bay Rum that the Mrs. can live with... Most women I've spoken to just can't stand the big clove hit from some Bay Rums. And if you smell like a Christmas potpourri ... forget it!

A scent I've tried to find but simply am not coming across is one that is reminiscent of an ocean breeze or the beach. PAA tries with its The Beach, but I don't smell the beach at all. If anything, I smell watermelon. Likewise, Tiki tries with a few of its products but there's nothing beachy or ocean breeze like about them in my opinion. Tropical guava maybe.

11. Paul Turner

Your two Fine favorites would be my two choices.

Carbide Mike and LaSalle82 like this.
  12. Marc D

Marc D Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more :)

Carbide Mike and PickledNorthern like this.
  13. Marc D

Marc D Well-Known Member

Probably one of my Favorites in scent wise is Maggard's London Barber. I love PAA CAD as well especially that its alcohol based. There are a lot of other i like but can't mention them all ;)

14. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Aramis 'cause my wife likes it and has been gifting me with it since about 1985. It also has grown on me to the point that I usually wear something Aramis everyday.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  15. Otto

Otto Member

So far Fine Platinum is near my number one. Very close to Aventus and has a nice skin scent that lasts a while.

My runner up is Razorock American Barber. Similar to Fine American Blend, but stronger scent, richer and a bit less menthol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carbide Mike likes this.
  16. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Pitralon Classic aka German Pitralon.

Works, feels nice, smells good, and is a classic.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  17. smittywerbenmanjensen

smittywerbenmanjensen Active Member

For a long time I was totally into the Bay Rum scent. Now I'm into that barbershop scent. Currently use Proraso and Irisch Moos

Carbide Mike likes this.
  18. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Well, my two favorites are Shulton Old Spice and Avon Spicy aftershaves.
    If the original Shulton Old Spice smell could be duplicated, I'm sure it would be a hit. As long as the price was right.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  19. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

For me Florida Water. I've used almost 4 bottles in the last couple years. I just love the scent.

Carbide Mike and mrchick like this.
  20. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

So I don't own many aftershaves but I have a few that I love.

Vintage / discontinued
    pinaud fleur de France
    It's very floral and could be seen as an old woman's scent similar to how tabac is viewed.
    Pinaud naturelle
    This scent is citrusy to me and I'm diggin it

Current
    Proraso green
    This scent reminds me of another scent and I can't put my finger on it. I love the smell and the menthol. I wish both would last longer.

Carbide Mike and Drygulch like this.