The 1908 Ever Ready

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by D.irving79, Oct 30, 2008.

1. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

there are razors that dont come around too often. this one is a step above those. observe:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this year ive only seen one other auction for this set and foolishly i missed it. now, on to the specifics...

today was my first shave with it. i was curious as the handle is a slight bit short and the head widens a bit at the middle. some lather catcher razors with these attributes can take a bit of getting used to. not this one. very easy to maneuver, the head was able to tackle all the right spots, and the blade was seated a bit differently than most ER razors of this style: a bit higher off the comb, which allowed for less frequent rinsing off of the lather; a big plus being these razors only have 1 edge. i got an incredibly close, comfortable shave and i can safely say that this razor edged out my 1907 gem junior, which until now was my favorite, best performing lather catcher razor.

if you ever get a chance to obtain one of these, i strongly suggest you do.

2. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

So seeing that you no longer need that 1907, you'll be dropping it in the mail to me now, right?:D

3. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i cant. its my cats go to razor.

:)

4. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Dave's Cat:

[​IMG]

5. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

hahahahaha.

oddly enough, the one on the right is almost a dead ringer for one of my cats.

6. tom myers

tom myers Member

So, Dave, the black and white one is your cat, the barber. The one in the foreground is his client?

(Guido, that picture struck me funnier than anything I've seen in weeks. Am I sick or what?)

Regards,
    Tom

7. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

In a good way, Tom. In a good way. ;)

8. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

you guys are crazy :D

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

*AHEM* Back to the topic, that is a beautiful razor there, Dave! Excellent score! :happy088

And seeing what you paid, you basically stole it, didn't you? :D

10. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

why thank you :D

for some reason, the last time this set was on ebay, it only went for 9 dollars and change. it varies based on........nothing really. for example: the 1911 elite gem junior. i got mine on ebay for $35. the last one that was on ebay went for $200+.