The 2012 Voskhod DE Blade Group Buy

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, Jan 9, 2012.

1. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

They're my number one blade. They're definitely worth a try!

ETA: How much are they locally, and what other blades do you have access to? You should consider creating a new thread in the General forum to describe the shave scene in Lithuania. I'd be very interested to hear what you have available locally and I'm sure others here would too.

2. kaiser

kaiser Member

Not much of a DE shaving scene here. I know no one personally who would shave with DE or straight razor. I think mostly old people do that here :( Everyone else use Gillette multi-blades, various disposables and electric shavers.

Voskhods (5x) cost about $0.50 locally. I've also seen:
    • Lada
    • Rapira
    • Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus
    • Sputnik Teflon Coated
    • Bic Chrome Platinum
    • Laser Stainless Steel
    • Sorti (Zaza on the wrap) - some forums say they're Turkish, but distributor claims that it is ASR Co. product made in Israel.
    Also seen Russian, Belarusian, Bulgarian shaving creams and aftershaves in couple of small shops. In supermarkets we have Nivea, Gillette, Sanex and some other big brand shaving related products.

Hanzo and awake2shave like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Depends on who you ask. I find 'em so-so.
    The only way to know is to try 'em yourself, especially if you can get them locally.

4. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

That's a nice selection! I find the Sputniks to be as good as the Voskhod. I would buy a couple hundred if I could find them cheaper. This Voskhod group buy spoiled me. Now I don't want to pay much more than $10/100 for my blades.

Steve makes a good point, how well a blade works for a given person, in a given razor, can be quite different. Buy a pack of each one of those and work your way through them, taking notes along the way.

5. burnout961

burnout961 Well-Known Member

Granted I haven't tried that many blades, but I really like the Voskhods. So yeah to a lot of the Den members they are that good. Of course as with all blades YMMV, so pick up a pack and let us know what you think.

6. kaiser

kaiser Member

I will try them at some point. Now I'm shaving with Rapira which are made by same company. So far I like them. But I'm only a month into DE shaving so...

7. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

For me they work in some razors and really suck in others

Red-Leg likes this.
  8. Sander

Sander New Member

Since the blades did not arrive from the GB and I have no trust in that they will arrive anytime soon due to Dutch customs, is there anyone who would like to sell one or two packs to me? I really would like to try them and I surely would at least like to have one pack in my collection. Thanks. :)

9. Hammertime1

Hammertime1 Member

Where are you? I'd send you two for price of shipping, but If your across the pond might be better finding a member there to send you some to keep cost down.

10. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

Hammertime, you beat me to it.

Same here, I'd send you some for the price of shipping. However may want to find someone over that side or east coast USA.

11. Sander

Sander New Member

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I am from EU-Netherlands. I am not really sure about your locations. :)

12. Hammertime1

Hammertime1 Member

USA, Midwest. Guessing the cost of shipping won't be worth it. If it was 29 -.50 cents to ship I could care less bout the stamp or two packs of blades probably see what other goodies I could toss in and still keep shipping down. But
    Imaging it be $10.00 easy if not more to ship em. I know just shipping some little things lately stateside side it's been $8-10...for me. If their some cheap letter size rate that I don't know about fill
    Me in.
    Also what bout customs? I had a fishing
    reel that I had to ship to Canada for repairs under warranty. Tracking, Insursnce etc and form filled out exactly like they said had to be or customs would snatch it. Customs still took it and never notified either of us. Hones from several other countries including Canada, orders from italenbarber in canada I have never had anything taken or opened. Even the glow powder I ordered from china they didn't open and considering way it was packages and was like 8-11lbs I was shocked, figured it screamed drugs.
    Some herbs someonse graciously sent me in my moment of need to help me to try for my back when I was absolutely miserable and not sleeping for weeks they not only opened both packages they just put items in a jewel bag each time and delivered that way! Hahahahah
    Bottom line it's up to you. if you can't get em at all and willing to pay shipping I'm fine with it. I'd recommend finding something else you needed or wanted to try to make the shipping worth while unless there is a cheap way. I'm willing to help.

13. OdinsBeard

OdinsBeard New Member

I'm in the UK and would happily send you a couple for the price of postage.

14. redtide

redtide New Member

Is there a Voskhod group buy every year?

I find these blades work for me but are hard to locate, when you do find them they run about $25 for 100.

15. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

16. redtide

redtide New Member

17. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

always happy to help when I can. you might what to check out some of Joanna's soaps while you are there. The wheat cream is a great product.

18. Sander

Sander New Member

Is there anyone in the EU willing to sell me some blades?