The Awesome Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by ChemErik, May 9, 2012.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

"Treason in the Czardom!" Must be one of those new wave bands playing in the small cafe up the road a piece!

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Ahh..the Czar of all the Penguins..he has eyes everywhere..:eek::shocked003:

richgem and GDCarrington like this.
  3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Yes, however he does have issues controlling them when schools are in session!

[​IMG]

Smott, Slipperyjoe and richgem like this.
  4. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

Do you ever get the feeling that we'll all never really shake the fish joke thread? I'm sturgeon to think that we've opened some aquatic Pandora's box!

By the way, I taught my oldest daughter how to ride her bicycle today and am feeling very fatherly and very awesome—mostly because I was genuinely excited to see my own little girl so proud of herself. It's the little things in life, you know?

5. Richmondesi

Richmondesi Active Member

So today's "awesome" contribution may seem a little odd. I'm in bed for the 4th day straight with the flu, and my daughter is sick here too. It's "awesome", not in the most pleasant way, to experience how devastating something so small can be. I'm very humbled to be absolutely whipped by something so tiny.

macaronus likes this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I don't think will ever be done with the fish jokes. Someone is always carping on the topic. Having started that fish joke, I think that is pretty awesome.

GDCarrington, macaronus and Smott like this.
  7. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Have the fish stopped crying Smott?..

Smott likes this.
  8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Ok... my awesome news for the day... I planned a little vegas vacation for next month... visting the western end of the Czardom and, as of last night, a certain limecat whom some of you know is going to make the pilgrimage down from the frozen north so we can meet up for a couple days! Woo hoo!

9. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Finally got the small chip in my tooth fixed this morning. After having three appointments get messed up (one the dentist was sick, one a family emergency, and one a work emergency) and living with it for about two months, it's awesome it's finally done!

lradke, macaronus, tomnat and 3 others like this.
  10. Smott

Another case of "Hmm, do I click the 'like' button? Cuz, I don't really like that they're ill, but I can appreciate the point being made." There should be a "dislike" feature and perhaps a "I see what you're saying and I understand." ;)

Richmondesi likes this.
  11. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Best of luck!

12. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Congrats!

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    My baby girl is 8 years old today! Awesome! :wave:

lradke, macaronus, swarden43 and 7 others like this.
  14. Matt F

Matt F Active Member

If there's such a thing as an awesome crash then this is it.

15. Barber Eile

Barber Eile Member

*sneak... sneak... sneeeaaakkkk....*
    ninja - posting...

Intrigued likes this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Oi! Faith and Begorah! 'Tis the Oirish Lassie!

17. Barber Eile

Barber Eile Member

What?!? Where?!?
    BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!
    Sheeeeenaniganiser!!!

Smott likes this.
  18. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

While I've been pushing higher miles running, I've found I get some problems. Doing some research I decided to transition to a minimalist running shoe and gait after I finished the Boulder Bolder. After trying on about 20 different shoes and finally settled on a pair of Saucony Kinvara 3's today. It will take some time to get my muscles used to the new shoes and gait, but it should fix the problems I get at higher miles.

tomnat, Queen of Blades and macaronus like this.
  19. Smott

I've been wearing Nike Free Runs for the last little while and it did indeed take a little while for my muscles to acclimate to the idea. No problems so far, though, and I enjoy running in them. Your routine and events sound much more rigorous, though (I'm more of a casual fitness runner). Running: awesome!

macaronus and tomnat like this.
  20. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Chiropractic visit followed by Haagen-Dazs Limited Edition Coconut Macaroon Ice Cream = awesome!

tomnat and ChemErik like this.