The Awesome Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by ChemErik, May 9, 2012.

1. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

2 fresh sets of combats and my No.1 dress uniform FINALLY came back from the bloody tailor after the 2 months that it took to sew on 2 patches...

macaronus, tomnat, Sara-s and 2 others like this.
  2. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Finished up my last round of testing today, that is awesome! No more poking or prodding for three years!! :happy093:

macaronus, tomnat, Smott and 5 others like this.
  3. Shawna

Yep, back to back posts! :D

I am flying to Savannah, GA next week for a face-to-face interview ... I am super-excited!! :bounce017:

macaronus, tomnat, ChemErik and 3 others like this.
  4. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

The whole semi-rigorous thing in very new to me, so don't think I'm far ahead. I did try a few of the Nike's, but like Nike's I've tried on before, the toebox was too skinny for my feet.

I just took my first run in the Kinvaras, just a 2.5 mile test run. It felt great and did what I was hoping for. Run on hard surface and didn't feel any of the fascia problems I've had. I do feel my calves and hamstrings were worked, but not overworked. I'll need to ease into longer distance with the new shoes, but ultimately I think I'll be a better runner once I've made the transition.

macaronus and tomnat like this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That is excellent news! :bounce017: :bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017:

macaronus and Shawna like this.
  6. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Sanded down the first coat of plaster on the wall I built in the basement! HAPPY DAY!

7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

After a year in Iraq, my husband really appreciated your story!
    As for today, I used my first Feather blade on my legs, with no nicks or irritation.

8. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

For the last two mornings our 3 month old has woken up as I was getting ready to go to work, instead of waking up after I've left, and so I have been able to get her up and changed before I leave for the day. There is nothing better to start your day with than to approach your babies crib, while she has no idea you are there, and see her laying there looking around until her eyes meet yours and she gives you the biggest, warmest smile that can only be reciprocated by an equally big smile. It makes my heart melt each and every time. Yes, I'm in love. :love055:

macaronus, ChemErik, Sara-s and 3 others like this.
  9. Barber Eile

Barber Eile Member

Wow - good news for so many of you guys - that's great!

macaronus and Matt F like this.
  10. Matt F

Matt F Active Member

Got my hair cut today and it's now the shortest it's ever been! Love how it's dry straight after I get out of the shower. :whacky011:

macaronus likes this.
  11. Shawna

What a fantastic day it has been! House is clean, legs are shaved, laundry is almost done AND it's June 1st! Rains came right on time!! It's has been a rainy, lazy day here in the Stryker house.

Got to love the FL weather!

12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Nice and sunny here today and I worked from home. So, I rewarded myself by a lunch time stogie on the back porch with an espresso and .... SUN!

macaronus, Shawna and tomnat like this.
  13. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

Basement cat says: Gets back to werk, layzee penguin!

penguin cigar and cat.jpg

macaronus and GDCarrington like this.
  14. richgem

Pengu-cat says, "Srsly?"

[​IMG]

15. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

OMG now their breeding Pengucatanators...

macaronus, GDCarrington and lradke like this.
  16. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I thought I smelt something funny!

17. Shawna

Oy, Trigger needs to change his colors.

Attached Files:

• Trix.jpg
      Trix.jpg
      File size:
      115.6 KB
      Views:
  18. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Nice 5k run after work in the Kinvara 3's. I'm doing better on hard surface in these than I've ever done before. Plus, the little discomfort I have is in muscles that heal much faster than joints.

19. richgem

Ah yes, an early model.

<mad scientist laugh>

macaronus, Shawna and lradke like this.
  20. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Just got hold of the final portion of the Tudors, a biographical series on the life and times of Henry the eighth. Originally a BBC production, the Tudors also aired on the CBC but I didn't get to see it at the time and have been catching segments on DVD's. Up till now I've seen all of it except the last part. I really wanted to see the finale titled The final Seduction and there it was..waiting. The 4 part TV series is awesome and amazing all at the same time.. I recommend the show highly..
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758790/...