The Awesome Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by ChemErik, May 9, 2012.

1. newb

newb Resident Newb

My life's been a little rough lately, I'm getting a divorce and had to leave my beautiful home. But I won a 50 dollar gift card for the local Ice Cream chain for National nurses week. Man, I like ice cream. It's a good day. Also one of the Murses I convinced to try traditional wet shaving just traded me 8 new pro-glide cartridges for a puck of MWF and some Arko sticks. ( I really dig the pro-glide and those carts are expensive) All in all it's a wonderful day. Waking up and making Lemonade out of lemons,,,,, that's how I roll.............. BTW nice lab jacket.

Conrad1959, tomnat, ChemErik and 2 others like this.
  2. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I grew up not being very handy at all, but today I replaced the outside tap on our townhouse. The old one was missing the handle, and was looking a bit sketchy. True all it takes is to unscrew the old one and screw on the new one, but I had never done it before. So I am pretty proud of myself right now, because it will make my wife's gardening hobby much more convenient.

3. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

:signs011: 1+
    I had to do that a few weeks ago !
    Yesterday I hooked up our new washer and dryer solo too!

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Indeed I am & thanks for the compliment. BTW, my Dad was a Science teacher too & often signed his name this way. So I am carrying on proud tradition.

macaronus likes this.
  5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I've got a day off! :happy108:

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Enjoy it Mike! As for me, I am at work, but I only have 3 classes to teach today.

macaronus likes this.
  7. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

We will be heading to Orlando for a much needed break. JJ Grey and Mofro concert tonight at HoB, shopping tomorrow with a visit to a favorite Irish pub then heading home Sunday.

One week of work and then it's off to Anna Maria Island for Beach Week!!

:happy069:

8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

That reminds me of one time when we were in Ireland and carefully tasted our first Guinness beer. A local next to us, who had just got another full pint of it said: "Don't sip yer Guinness, drrink it!" and almost emptied his glass in one shot.

Needless to say it was a nice vacation over there!

Cheers!

Conrad1959, Sara-s and Shawna like this.
  9. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Thanks to you fine folks, I'm think of good Irish beer (hint, Murphy's is better than Guinesss).

Plus, IT'S FRIDAY!

tomnat, Shawna and NoobShaver like this.
  10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Haven't tried Murphy's yet, but I surely will.
    That reminds me that when I'm at the inlaws again (who live in Belgium), I'll have to get me a fresh supply of some great Belgian beers! :eatdrink047:

11. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

if you're into stouts there are a lot of good micro-brewed options stateside.

Ex: Blackout Stout by Great Lakes Brewery, Black Bavarian by Sprecher (technically not a stout but still a very good beer) and the Stout by Sprecher.

12. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

If I ever get to the States I'll have to remember!
    Won't be soon, I fear.
    In the meantime I'll have to settle for Rodenbach, Liefmans Goudenband ans Maredsous :)

Rodenbach.png Product - Liefmans Goudenband.gif MaredsousBrune.png

tomnat likes this.
  13. Richmondesi

Richmondesi Active Member

My wife the Chemistry teacher told me what the labcoat said... not on her first try though (thought the g was an S LOL)

Had a good day at work, will head to a "wee ball" game soon, and then off to see The Avengers with my little buddy. Good day

tomnat likes this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It's Saturday & I am going to spend it with my Mom. I may even work up the nerve to challenge her to a game of Scrabble. (I'm not bad at it, but she is just a fiend.)

Conrad1959 and tomnat like this.
  15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Just read Sara's riddle thread.
    Oh, and today the Belgian Chocolate salesman will come with his trail wagon full of sweet goodies! :drool:
    Time for my chocolate AD fix!

tomnat, richgem and GDCarrington like this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Mmmmm...chocolate!

17. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I ran hard the last two days training and felt good (Set to make good time at Boulder Bolder).
    Today is a rest day (I've earned it).
    Tomorrow I'm running on the trail (fun!).

Conrad1959, tomnat and macaronus like this.
  18. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Relaxing day of Modern Warfare 3 for me. Time to get some frustrations out MWAHAHAHAHAHA. Unfortunately I'm better with real weaponry than digital but we can't have everything can we ;)

tomnat and macaronus like this.
  19. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

Had a great day yesterday loading in a huge event. We are doing the audio for the University of Puget Sound commencement which is tomorrow. This is an event that we do every year. It is held outdoors on their football field. Last year it rained! It was not just a little bit of rain but it was the wettest day in May ever, and that is saying something. They are having an overflow in the Field house this year and we have to broadcast the audio and Imag video onto the field house and which is across the street and is a very busy area for the ceremony so we have to do without cables. In order to do this I had to make some homebrew antennas for our wireless video links. - Of course we tested them in the shop and we confident they would work. It really made my day when we set them up yesterday and they not only worked but they were flawless! It was a fun day at work for a change!

20. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Last month my 27 year old son brought up the subject of fishing. Here I thought he'd had enough back in grade school, the last time I took him. He never mentioned it - until now. We finally had a chance to get out today. It was a beautiful low 70s morning, lots of sun, very little wind; most excellent. We didn't catch anything, but it was great to get out with him again. Don't see him much now that he has his own family he's taking care of. I'm very proud of him!