The Awesome Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by ChemErik, May 9, 2012.

1. Richmondesi

Richmondesi Active Member

So, for the "awesome thread", I cannot think of much that is more awesome than watching The Avengers with your little boy. It may be the best movie I've ever seen (not critically speaking, but in terms of pure entertainment without much language and sexual innuendo that we usually deal with). Incredible day (obviously, my plans to watch it last night didn't pan out).

So, he comes out and is ready to go the library. That may be more awesome than the movie. LOL

tomnat and macaronus like this.
  2. My turn! lol

Got to spend most of the day with my dad and got to play with the dogs, this rarely happens since I got back into my old tech job at a small WISP.
    And tomorrow is also going to be awesome, plan to spend some time on MS Flight Sim X :)

3. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I loved that movie too. I think my favourite part was Loki demanding respect from the Hulk then getting smashed. I almost peed due to laughing so hard!

macaronus and Richmondesi like this.
  4. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

This may be better suited for The Haul, but tonight's dinner is going to be home made pasta, stuffed with sheep feta, and an Alfredo sauce made from this:

uploadfromtaptalk1336857434418.jpg

Pecorino Moliterno al Tartufo
    (Truffle injected pecorino cheese)

Dinner is going to be amazing! This cheese is awesome! It is too strong for me to eat straight, but my daughter eats it by the chunk! :D

5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

That sounds udderly yummy. :)

macaronus and lradke like this.
  6. Neolithium

SUCCESS.
    Thought my coticule was decent - and it was. I hit WalMart and grabbed some sand paper + glass plate and lapped the ever loving snot out of it then took both of my razors to it. 60 laps on the BBW side and 60 on the Coticule...they're both popping hairs easily. Can't wait for the shave test tomorrow on my Astrale which has been lacking in performance for a week or two.

7. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

The concert last night was amazing. Shopping today, amazing. Resting now then home tomorrow.

8. Richmondesi

Richmondesi Active Member

Me too. It was awesome. He took a while to arrive, but the Hulk was definitely Incredible :D
    I will likely go back, and I will certainly check out the other movies that I skipped. Not being a comic book guy, at all, I didn't see Captain America, either of the Iron Mans, Thor, none of them... I probably will now, and I am even thinking about starting off my son with a comic book collection that I missed out on as a kid. Being a geek is way more fun than being a "cool" guy. I wish I had discovered all these sorts of geekery when I was a kid!

macaronus likes this.
  9. Neolithium

I've seen them all, but my personal favourites are the Iron Man series and the Avengers. Robert Downy Junior was the absolute perfect pick for Tony Stark.

10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

+100!
    Saw it last weekend with the whole family (wife & daughters) and Mom. In 3D Imax! Followed by Mirror Mirror. Had a wonderful day!

11. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Today: I met my wife today 23 years ago and we fell in love the same day at a concert of Pink Floyd! :love055:

Married exactly two years & two months later. Still going strong. :)

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Congrats Mike! I had my eyes checked this week. 10 years after the laser surgery, I still have 20/20 distance vision!

13. coche1

coche1 Actively Wishing Member

My wife threw me a surprise 29 11/12 birthday party yesterday. That's pretty awesome IMO.

14. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Ran 4.5 miles on the trail yesterday (planned day off, but the wife wanted to go). Turned out to be a good decision with the weather today. We'll have a day of R&R while watching the movies mom got for Mother's Day.

15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Good for you!

Can you still read this?

16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

At a distance, probably. But I am 10 years older and need reading glasses for small print. But since this is the awesome thread, I want to add a positive note, which is that I just got some really cute pink reading glasses.

newb and macaronus like this.
  17. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Erik, awesome idea.

My wife and I had a great day Friday hiking with another couple.

macaronus and tomnat like this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today I took a bunch of my students to participate in the NYC Energy Fair. They presented their Pizza-box Solar ovens.

19. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

I get to turn in my heart monitor tomorrow!! :happy093:

Two weeks and several adhesive irritations later ... I hope to get good news from the readings! ;)

macaronus and tomnat like this.
  20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Good luck!

Shawna likes this.