The Awesome Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by ChemErik, May 9, 2012.

1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Loving this thread.

1) I got to get out in my kayak for half an hour tonight. :)
    2) This home brew porter is delicious.
    3) First day in 2 weeks that everyone in my house is feeling well :)

byrd and Shawna like this.
  2. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Spent the day walking around the city with my family.
    Blue skys and 26c temprature
    My oldest sons ability to form sentances has grown so fast latley as he approaches 2.
    That i was able to have a full conversation with him while we had pho bowls and cruchy noodle stir fry (vietnamese dishes).

lradke, byrd and Shawna like this.
  3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I really enjoy a good bowl of Pho.

Watched a very interesting TED talk last night on the Mars Rover project.

Shawna likes this.
  4. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Found out recently that my center is changing regions. We are aligning with the three Texas centers. Region meeting will be in Dallas this summer!

I haven't been there in years - plus it's only hours away from my family! :D

tomnat and awake2shave like this.
  5. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

We welcome you with open arms here in the metroplex, but I don't know if Dallas in the summer can qualify as awesome!!!

Shawna and awake2shave like this.
  6. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

Love Anna Maria Island! My employer of 35 years, Norfolk Southern Corp, has a condo complex there for use by employees and retirees (like me). Takes a few hours to get there from Atlanta area but is well worth the trip. It's a beautiful place. Hope you guys have a great time!

awake2shave likes this.
  7. Shawna

Agreed! Summer in Oklahoma is torture but I much prefer summer there than here with monsoon season!

byrd likes this.
  8. Shawna

This will be a bittersweet year for us on AMI. The condo we were married in/at (our spot on the sand) has been sold! We have rented the same condo for four years. This year we are further down the sand just past Cortez Rd. Same strip of beach, same area ... just not our special spot. How can you compete with the place you buried your Wedding Cake?!?!

Alas, it is still Beach Week! I am ready for sand between my toes, lots of reading and burgers at the City Pier! Can. Not. Wait!

macaronus, tomnat and Conrad1959 like this.
  9. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

My wife got a HUGE haul of fabric today. That made her happy!!! :)

10. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

Enjoyed a picnic at the park with my 5 year old grandson. Slightly overcast, low seventies, life is good!

tomnat, lradke, Shawna and 1 other person like this.
  11. awake2shave

Back from sushi for the wifes birthday just in time to clear out the razorrock sale life is good

macaronus, tomnat and Shawna like this.
  12. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Where abouts in Ontario are you from? My wife is from KW and I have lived all around southern Ont. as well as Sudbury.

13. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

my most recent awesome: I knew I was going to be pulling late nights for the next few months, and so I shopped around for a brain-dead tv series on dvd that I could watch to pass the time. I found a Japanese animation series from the early 80s. Hard SF war saga. 52 approx. twenty minute episodes. It's exactly what I was looking for. The best part? The American importer went into bankruptcy three years ago and folded up operations. A seller on Amazon was selling the remaining stock for deep discounts- I picked up 7 dvds that cover 40 of the 52 episodes for a little more than $20.

They arrived in the mail today and the series turns out to be quite good. Cheesy in parts, it's true, but that's a good thing if you're looking for simple entertainment.

KLF, macaronus and tomnat like this.
  14. awake2shave

Hamilton right on the water between toronto and the falls

15. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Today's awesomeness is kind of last night's awesomeness, but anyway, our 9 week old daughter slept for 8 hours last night! :signs062::signs062:
    YEEAAAAAAA SLEEP!!

16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yippeeee!! A full night's sleep.
    My awsomeness for today is that my worst class actually behaved and learned some science.

macaronus, awake2shave and tomnat like this.
  17. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Was feeling kinda low bout' the dues I've been payin'..then I stumbled upon one of my old favorites reincarnated up on the utube and got to feelin' a whole lot better. Here's some awesome...

macaronus and tomnat like this.
  18. I just had the most awesome shave in my life! Vintage Gillette gold tech, it just felt SOOOO good! And now I need to log off and go to bed, so good night all! lol

macaronus and tomnat like this.
  19. TexasWheels

TexasWheels Member

Recovering well from the Rangers game last night in which they lost their 2nd in a row to the Royals. Still trying to get my panoramic pictures from my phone to not always look crooked.
    PANO_20120515_190457.jpg

Conrad1959, byrd, macaronus and 2 others like this.
  20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

This evening, before dinner, the weather was lovely, so I went for a walk. I walked a whole mile (pretty good, on an arthritic knee.)

macaronus likes this.