The Awesome Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by ChemErik, May 9, 2012.

1. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I lived in Hamilton for a few months! Not up on the mountain, but just a few blocks south of the steel mills. When I was there they were just starting to dig up the valley for the freeway. I looked on Google maps a while back and found my old apartment. That was about 7 years ago, that I lived there.

tomnat and macaronus like this.
  2. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

I have an awesome God that does not close all doors, he opens the right ones when others have been closed on you. I am thankful for that today. :)

wlmcad, swarden43, byrd and 4 others like this.
  3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Thanks be to GOD!

After a couple days off (the first being planned), I just finished a good run with lots of hills.

swarden43 and macaronus like this.
  4. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

There's nothing like a stroll in pleasant weather. Having pretty surroundings is icing on the cake. Hmm, yes, the simple act of going out and enjoying "outside" is awesome!

Sara-s and macaronus like this.
  5. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Today I hurd back from the bank we got approved for our line of credit now its time to start looking for where were going to open our store and start applying for licences and permits

6. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

All the best of luck with that..and don't worry, us Canadians really know how to succeed!..

macaronus likes this.
  7. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Good luck, wishing you all good karma on your side.
    I think it takes guts to open a store these days. What will you be selling?

8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Awesomeness of today (& yesterday evening):
    • Got a confirmation of the camping site in the Czech Republic (between Bavarian Switzerland and the Giant Mountains) that we can put up our tent there this summer!
    • Got a confirmation on tax payback (how was that RAD coming along? :D) !
    • A day off that starts really sunny!

tomnat, awake2shave and KLF like this.
  9. KLF

KLF Doctorin

I visited Prague some years ago, nice place. How many days in the tent ?

macaronus likes this.
  10. Richmondesi

Richmondesi Active Member

My awesome contribution goes something like: Daughter's last day of school (3 neat awards including 4.0 superintendant's list); end of a 3 complicated, very successful work things; my biggest customer calling me and saying that he's getting pressure to reduce costs, but he was not going to consider making any changes because he loves our stuff... Yay

macaronus, tomnat and GDCarrington like this.
  11. Richmondesi

By the way. I like this thread a lot

macaronus and ChemErik like this.
  12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

'Grats to the little one, Paul! Awesome accomplishment.

macaronus likes this.
  13. Richmondesi

Thank you. I am very proud of her. She's an adorable, smart little girl who doesn't mind just being herself... even if that is a teacher's pet with glasses who sits out to read during play time... She's active, but unlike me, she'd discovering the joy of geekdom early. I wish I hadn't wasted so much time being "cool" growing up lol

14. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

My wife just texted me and said that she is making beef stew for dinner tonight. Awesome!

macaronus, Shawna and Slipperyjoe like this.
  15. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

I was able to pay off two credit cards today! Awesome! I like crossing things like that off a list.

One day and a wake-up and I am headed to the beach!

16. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Very well said.

wlmcad and macaronus like this.
  17. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I weighed in at 225 that is awesome.

wlmcad, awake2shave, ChemErik and 3 others like this.
  18. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Just shy of a fortnight. But we're really looking forward to it! It is close to the northern border. Also close to the largest natural bridge in Europe. I was told it featured in the first Narnia film.
    Prebischtor.jpg

19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My awesomeness was actually a trip to the dentist. I had to get some major work done (final stage of a dental implant) and I am not in any pain.

20. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I'm feeling awesome about The Awesome Thread. I felt like we needed something like this and I'm thrilled with the level of participation. Thank-you to everyone who has posted here. Plus, thanks in advance to those who keep on posting.

Richmondesi, wlmcad, tomnat and 4 others like this.