The Awesome Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by ChemErik, May 9, 2012.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Erik, this is a great idea. Do you mind if I borrow it, for another (unrelated) board where I post?

macaronus likes this.
  2. BossManBill

BossManBill Well-Known Member

My son won "Most Improved Gymnast" at his awards banquet last night. This is his first year competing, and he took 8th place in State. Not bad for a 9 year old! I'm very proud of him.

3. Richmondesi

Richmondesi Active Member

My son "graduated" from preschool last night. They did a big production. Silly premise, but a truly awesome memory. Lots of fun!

4. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

uploadfromtaptalk1337455022714.jpg

We are teaching my oldest how to ride a bike. She's doing really well. I just took her and her sister for a walk before nap time.

5. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

On May 23, 2008 Jeff and I let the sun set on our lives as single people when we had a sunset wedding on the beach. Just the two of us and the pastor (and the videographer and photographer ... and the videographer's wife).

The last four years have been a blessing, and although we went through a rough patch in December and January, God brought us back together. In January, Jeff contacted the pastor that performed our ceremony and requested a vow renewal ceremony at sunrise on May 23. He kept that secret from me for a bit, but let me know a few months later. You see, we had purchased new wedding rings when Jeff's got broke in Las Vegas. I wanted the rings blessed and he went much farther than that.

This coming Wednesday at 6:50am EST, Jeff and I will be standing on the beach in our jammies, renewing our commitment to each other.

That is awesome!

One of the songs from our wedding, I never get tired of hearing it.

6. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Just finished the last full-speed, full length training run for the Boulder Bolder. I've been aiming to run in the 56:00-58:00 minute range and my training run was 56:30. I'm training roughly 800 ft. higher than the race, so I should at least be able to maintain my pace. Plus, I tried out some energy chews this run and while I don't think it helped my time, it did seem to help in how I feel after.

@ Shawna & Jeff: :happy088:

tomnat, Shawna, lradke and 1 other person like this.
  7. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

My wife, kids, and me rode our bikes 15 miles this morning. It's the furthest we've gone so far. From P8 to P5 and back :)

Really awesome weather too.

lradke and macaronus like this.
  8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Congrats Shawna & Jeff!!

Shawna likes this.
  9. BossManBill

BossManBill Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary! My wife and I also wed on May 23rd, but ten years earlier (1998). Hard to believe we've made it 14 years...IN A ROW!!

macaronus, Shawna and GDCarrington like this.
  10. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Happy Anniversary to you too!

macaronus likes this.
  11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That is great news! I am glad that things are moving in the right direction for both of you!

macaronus and Shawna like this.
  12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well Happy Anniversary! Just to make sure it is festive...

13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I am going to my husband's Law School graduation ceremony today.

wlmcad, macaronus and Slipperyjoe like this.
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Congrats to Shawna and Jeff and to BossManBill and his wife. Happy anniversary to you all! :poze:
    May God pour out His blessings abundantly!!!

Shawna and macaronus like this.
  15. swarden43

I get to preach today!

16. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Glory!

macaronus likes this.
  17. swarden43

Amen.
    It went well. I had fun!

macaronus and Slipperyjoe like this.
  18. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Congrats. May Christ bless your marriage in an awesome way.

macaronus likes this.
  19. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

My wife Betty and I need a day out of the house yesterday. We and explored more the AWESOME natural beauty of Arkansas along the lower Buffalo River. Breathtaking cliffs and lush green scenery. We had an AWESOME day just driving and exploring.

macaronus, Slipperyjoe and Smott like this.
  20. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

I am the dreamer and the dream...

macaronus likes this.