The best artisan shave soaps made in the USA

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by jabberwock, Apr 26, 2013.

1. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I really dont remember the last time i used a soap that was not an artisan soap. They work so well.
    My favorites are
    Route 66
    Soap Commander
    Pyrate Cove
    Catie's Bubbles
    The Shave Den
    I've also recently tried Mike's Natural Soaps and Barrister &Mann. Both fine soaps.
    This was an old thread, is Sara's Creation still available?

Salty Belle, Sara-s and Robyflexx like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I contacted her via PM and we worked out a trade.

3. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I havent tried all of them(obviously), but stirling soaps, mickey lee soapworks, mama bear, and barrister & mann are amongst my tops.

I keep hearing good things on crsw, mystic waters, caties bubbles, and paa.

Of course, I still need to try route 66 as well

Robyflexx and Salty Belle like this.
  4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Worth checking out. Love the performance on these soaps.

Salty Belle and mrchick like this.
  5. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Mama Bear is at the top of the list for me. If I werent so obsessed with the scent of Tabac, Id still be using her stuff. IMO, theres no soap Ive ever used that build lather like MB does.

6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

The ones that are widely praised on the forums really do work well from what I have seen. My experience with such soaps is that they always result in great shaves with a good razor and blade combo. The artisan soaps that I have tried that are not mentioned on the forums are much more hit and miss. Mostly miss, but with a couple of outstanding exceptions. The number of shaving soaps out there is astonishing, it must be in the thousands. The cottage industry soaps that get airplay on the wetshaving forums are but a tiny fraction of the total.

7. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

This may be so, but the ones ive tried have been fabulous. Route 66 even went so far as to ask our opinion. How could we not give it a try, when she asked what we wanted ahead of time.

Salty Belle likes this.
  8. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

That is a perfect example of what I mean. The soapmaker actively solicits feedback, and really cares about making a great shaving soap. Not all artisans do that. Which ones do you think are going to have the better products?

Paul Turner and Salty Belle like this.
  9. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Aw shucks David. You are too kind:) I always want and value feedback from you guys...good or bad. Only helps to target in on the things that you diehards want and like!