The cheapest razor ever? Or just simply an inexpensive find?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Omaney, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I was given a Lord Click as a freebie several months ago. Those not familiar with the Lord L111C, need to know that it is a molded, plastic razor. It doesn't weigh mor than a few grams. The handle is hollow, and the top cap is hinged to change a blade. It can be crushed with my 76 years old, arthritic mothers hand. I immediately tossed that cheap piece of plastic junk into "the drawer" you know the one, the drawer that catches all the stuff. Well, I was going through that drawer last night looking for items to stuff into the two dopp kits I'm building for my nephews and ran across this razor. Having had a beer or two, I naturally opened up the blister card and loaded that piece of junk with a Rapira Super Stainless and sat it on the counter for the morning toilette.
    Boy, did I get a surprise. This is one damn fine shaver despite its obvious handicap. I ended up with the best shave I'd had in a week! Perfect combination of blade gap and exposure, and the light weight, hollow handle really amplified the pleasurable sound of a day's growth being hewn. I don't think I atopped facerbating until I got to work!

Shoebox Shave Shop sells these for a buck. That's less than I have dropped under the seats in my pickup truck. I'd buy several for travel...they're that good.
    IMG_0521.JPG

AGHisBBS, DaltonGang, Jim99 and 9 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  3. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Sounds like a perfect travel razor!

4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

And they come in two cool colors! ;)

AGHisBBS likes this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have used the Gillette version. A high quality DFS each one. It goes to show that if the blade is held properly you can shave with something that does not cost $100 +. It also shows you do not NEED a heavy razor to do a good job. These do make a good travel razor if you do not have a travel set or are worried about losing a good razor.

AGHisBBS and RetLEO-07 like this.
  6. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

"Hey, y'all hold my beer and watch this."

At least this time it wasn't lethal.

Tiredricefarmer and twhite like this.
  7. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I paid a buck and a half for this Junjie at a dollar store last year! lolllllll

For so little money I figured why not?

s-l400.jpg

geneaut and gorgo2 like this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

How was it?

Yehuda D likes this.
  9. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Uh...I don't get it...

10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I would not worry to much trying to. Most would think this is a gimmick shave. Something that borders on dangerous. They do not realize it is a very good quality shave.

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yea Jeff don't leave us hanging!!!

12. Yehuda D

It's a mild and forgiving razor. My beard is very tough but if I work a little harder I could still get a good BBS shave.

13. Bookworm

The reference to beer being involved in the decision to load a blade into the razor and leave it out for use. In general, especially for rednecks, an alcohol decision is grounds for something going badly wrong.

Tiredricefarmer and twhite like this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Woo. Technique trumps tools!! I am in a no DE month maybe in July I will get my plastic Gillette out.

15. Bookworm

I guess I should try the weird plastic razor I have. Not including the Hong Longs, I should give one of them a shot one day when I'm just doing a daily shave.

16. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Ah.

17. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Slightly upscale but still really inexpensive are two of my favorite razors, the Feather Popular (almost all plastic) and the Weishi 9306 series. They are both pretty much Super Speed clones and give great comfortable shaves.

Yehuda D likes this.
  18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Yes the Thai Super Click is more capable than you'd think. If you want to mess with it, it will take a shim and the hollow handle can be stuffed with whatever is handy, and so configured it's really not bad for a $.50 razor.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have a Feather Popular that I shaved with a few months ago. It is a good razor.

Ah no need for all that. It will already give a great shave just as it is, No need to gild the Lilly.

20. Yehuda D

Somewhere here in the house I have a Weishi. I cannot get a BBS shave from it even if I do ten passes! lolll