The conversion has started

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by mhari_dubh, Jun 4, 2016.

1. mhari_dubh

mhari_dubh Active Member

So months and months ago my fella @Jasman gifted me a Merkur and a selection of blades. He also made sure I had a lovely honey pear shaving soap from Ginger's Garden. For a number of silly reasons I kept putting off trying out the razor -- I mean on my best days I'm a klutz -- the last thing I wanted to do is carve off a hunk o' skin on my legs.

Today I did it! I don't remember anyone saying how fun it is to work up a lather and then shave all the soap off (you know you think it is too). I totally got the giggles.

I half-joked about wanting all the shaving things now. I'm a little scared to go look at the scents available from Ginger's Garden (all the soaps!) and oh, God what if someone comes out with a really nice ladies razor. Thanks again @Jasman you're the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Have him pick you up a vintage ladies Gillette. They had 3 colors- gold, pink, and blue. ;) you didn't hear it from me..

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

My gift of a Lady Gillette and Lady Cremo was approved by a Lady. :cool:
    Lady Gillette Cremo.gif 1973 (T1) Lady Gillette Blue.jpg

PatrickA51, macaronus and ObiDon like this.
  4. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpeg
    Wow! That's great! Just wait to see all the $$ your going to save! Actually as I found out, that part, goes away as you find all the wonderful tools out there. I was going to also suggest looking at the Lady Gillette. They have long handles and you can usually find them on the bay. I tried to get my wife to try one but, no luck. If you want new, take a look at the Merkur Futur. It's adjustable, I use it on 1.5 -2.5. It is the easiest razor I have used, and as a plus the cap covers both ends of the blade. Be carefull, as you are just starting your fall down the Rabbit Hole! Enjoy the ride!

5. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

[Palpatine] Good, good. [/Palpatine] :yoda2

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nice!
    And just so you know, our own TSD Shop uas over 80 scents to choose from, AND all money from purchases supports our wonderful forum. See the link in my signature line about TSD.

7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Good for you! Another good vintage razor option is the Gillette Super Adjustable Long Handle (also called the Black Beauty.)

macaronus and Robyflexx like this.
  8. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

If @Jasman gave you his Merkur 1904, you got one sweet little razor there. Having fun is just an added benefit!

macaronus and Robyflexx like this.
  9. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

I gave her a long-handled Merkur, the better to reach ankles and backs of knees.

Jorvaljr, mhari_dubh and macaronus like this.
  10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

My wife likes here long handled Lady Gillette Starburst. I first tried to get her to use a Merkur 180 but she didn't like the sharp corners. She also liked the Gillette Black Beauty, because of the long handle.

Jasman likes this.
  11. Amy Warner

Amy Warner The Warner

I just received my first ladies Gillette Blue starburst aka Baby Blue! I have never been so in love with a razor! But I'll be honest....im having trouble with the bikini area. But other than that I'm getting such a smooth shave!

DaltonGang, Zykris, Jorvaljr and 2 others like this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

There's a process some guys discover called Face Mapping. Knowing which direction our beards grow, a WTG pass followed by XTG is most gentle with the least irritation. It's about beard reduction, not removal.
    The other thing that leads to razor burn is angle of attack. Check the link in my signature below - Ride The Cap. It may help your efforts.

brit, Zykris and Jorvaljr like this.
  13. DaltonGang

Yes, @RyX is notorious for mapping his "Bikini Lines". No pics needed @RyX . :happy097::happy102::happy097:

brit and RyX like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

How do you think I earned my custom title (CT)?

"Doh!"

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

brit and DaltonGang like this.
  15. DaltonGang

Never a dull moment here.

brit likes this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

[​IMG][​IMG]

RyX likes this.
  17. brit