The Good Old Days Of The Home Stereo System !!!

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Christopher Powell, May 11, 2016.

1. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

I have a Lafeyette reciever and a pair of infinity monitor speakers. The Lafeyette is most likely a rebranded pioneer. I picked it up at an auction last year for $8. Nice warm sound. And yes, Dire Straits Making Movies sound great on it.

I just picked up a cabinet unit, probably from the fifties? Radio and turntable on one side and bar cabinet on the other... Oh it's swank! Might be a bit of a project, though.

Douglas Carey, Keithmax and ob1page like this.
  2. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I still remember getting my first 8-track. I thought I was in high cotton. I still have my old system from the early 70's boxed up in the basement. The darn receiver I think weights about 40 pounds.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I try to get the best of both worlds, I love the convince of the digital format but love the analogue sound. Almost all of my music is in a lossless format and I use digital to analogue converters and vacuum amps to get the analogue sound.

4. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

My brother had an 8 track player in his car. We'd load up to go to the beach and he'd bring his case of tunes. Looked like a huge Samsonite suitcase and only held abut 15 tapes. If you wanted to hear a song again you had to drive around the block for half an hour waiting on it.

Douglas Carey, Keithmax and preidy like this.
  5. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Funny, that receiver looks exactly like the model I got (and still own today!) when I was 14. It has sure played some tunes throughout it's time.

6. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Or when a song would span tracks.

Somewhere over the.... KERCHUNK ...rainbow, way up high....

Douglas Carey and cmorris357 like this.
  7. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I still have mine-Receiver, Cassette Deck, CD Player, Klipsch Speakers ( used to have the floor Klipschsorn's). I finally sold my albums and B&O Turnable.

8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:signs011:

Robyflexx likes this.