The grim blades (smolder)

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by matt.braley.104, Jan 21, 2018.

1. matt.braley.104

matt.braley.104 Active Member

So I'm almost out of my cold river soap so I figured I'd give the smolder another go in my opinion this soap is garbage not slick at all it dries out super fast on your face and I received numerous nicks all over my face so needless to say my face is quite irritated at the end of my shave I cleaned up and chucked it in the trash don't waste your money on this soap

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'll say this Stirling ... nuff said.

MR41, jason koonce and Shadow Shaver like this.
  3. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

I’ve had this soap for awhile now and I like it. To be honest for the money it’s not even close to the best you can buy but it’s definitely not a bad soap. It’s the same formula as Maggards soaps and Through The Fire. There’s a possibility that the formula may have changed and if that’s the case then that explains it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

An extra ounce and a half for $3 less WITH Tallow in almost any scent imaginable yes yes indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow Shaver and Zykris like this.
  5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

If the lather is drying out on your face it might not have enough water in it, which might explain the lack of slickness. I have Smolder and Cinder and both perform decently. They aren't the best soaps out there but they get the job done. The scent of smolder is my wifes favorite, so I will probably always have some in the den.

LevelupShaves likes this.
  6. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I am horribly disappointed with my tin of smolder. The scent, strong vanilla , is nice off the puck but disappears once you start to lather it. The face feel is adequate but it does dry even after adding more water. No moisturizing properties post shave as well. IMHO don't waist your money.

7. Pierce13

Pierce13 New Member

The scent is fantastic. I got some of the aftershave jelly recently and it was great.

Linuxguile likes this.
  8. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

My wife loves the scent, therefore it will always have a place in my den.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

9. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

TTFFC the company that made the Blades Grim soap (as well as the Maggard brand soap) they offer several soap formulas, the premium being the best IMO but is a much softer croap. Play It Again Sam, and Angels Share are 2 if my favorite scents they offer.

If you had issues with the regular base you may want to check out the premium formula, or for that matter, if you did like it and want to check out a different base from the same artisan.