The Haul: August 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Milord is basically the gold version of the Super speed. The Ranger Tech came out in 1941 and at the same time a 1941 Milord came out (like birthing twins). They're both great razors. I find the 40's Super Speed are slightly more aggressive than the regular Flares, but less aggressive than a Red Tip Flare. I've had an Aristocrat and in my opinion I like my '58 or '59 Fat Boy better. That said, some people love them.

Here's a timeline from 1950 on ...

downloadfile.png

(oops I forgot this was from BB; moderators please feel free to remove if this violates any rules and sorry if it does)

2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Still can't see them [​IMG]

BigMark83, RaZorBurn123 and RyX like this.
  3. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Still can't see them. I notice that every time you post pics I can't see them.

BigMark83 and AGHisBBS like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's a great visual presentation of the information. I've saved & reposted the same graphic myself. With no razors being harmed in the sharing of the picture, unless the Original Poster complains we'll let it ride. ;)

GarnerPW and Enrico like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sounds good thanks.

RyX likes this.
  6. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Ive heard the 40s Aristocrat are more aggressive (Slightly) than Flares and I absolutely love my Aristocrat it fits my current skill set perfectly. Have 2 red tips and while they are effective they are less than enjoyable. I also really like my flare, maybe a 40s tech or milord is in my future. I also have a fatboy but rarely if ever use it and find myself reaching for my Aristocrat most mornings.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

FaceScraper, Enrico and Jorvaljr like this.
  7. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there was anything wrong with the Aristocrat, but I just didn't find it any better than any of my other razors. That led me to selling it. I've had three Red Tips and for me as well, I didn't find them enjoyable. I found them easier to sell than shave with. I feel blessed to enjoy Fat handle Techs, 40's SuperSpeeds and regular Flares. They're all relatively inexpensive, easy to use and plentiful.

9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Stirling samples are great! Ozark Mountain is one of my favorites!

FaceScraper and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  10. Tiredricefarmer

Samples are great. Good way to find what scents you like. I'm wanting to eventually go to all full pucks. Ozark Mountain just joined Blu and MITA full pucks in my Den. The Orange Chill witch hazel smells great and the brush is wwwaaayyy better than I expected. Got it soaking in some warm sudsy Dreamsicle shave soap water right now!

FaceScraper, Jim99, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

And that brush is on sale for 7.95 till Friday .... WOW! I may have to get one.

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  12. Tiredricefarmer

I think I have averaged size hands and that brush felt right. I don't think you'd regret getting one.

Enrico likes this.
  13. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

My new Art Razor Pegasus just arrived. It's a beauty and I can't wait for tomorrow's shave[​IMG]

14. George X

George X Well-Known Member

You won't regret getting it whether it's on sale or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enrico and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  15. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

A couple of brushes that I had Jim @jimjo1031 reknot for me made their way back home.
    [​IMG]

And 100 Persona mini hair shaper AKA injector blades. I've never used these before but I couldn't pass them up for $0.10 a piece
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Those W&B curved blades work great in Old Types.

17. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My razor just arrived.
    IMG_20170807_160007504.jpg IMG_20170807_160031003~01.jpg IMG_20170807_160039917.jpg IMG_20170807_155836584~01.jpg
    It came with 1 Lord blade, I'll give this razor a go tomorrow for my head shave.

18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Lovely hunk o' steel, Brian! And those scales are purdy!
    I look forward to reading how this one compares to some of your other recent SR acquisitions...

FaceScraper, RyX, Enrico and 3 others like this.
  19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

nice......

20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Totally okay to post this. We embrace knowledge here at TSD.

FaceScraper, RyX, Enrico and 2 others like this.