The Haul: August 6th - August 12th, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Aug 6, 2012.

1. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

"almost mint", where is the blemish? that looks brand new in the pictures. Nice score.

Jamie Mahoney likes this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The gold wash is worn off in spots on the tang. that's the "blemish." Beautiful razor, one of the finest Dubl Ducks I've ever seen.:)

3. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

That is a very cool bottle. Is it glass or quartz? Should look awesome filled with Osage :D

4. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Snapshot_20120808.JPG

It does look pretty nice filled with the Osage, it almost looks like absinth.
    It's a glass bottle Quartz would have been a real score.
    Also got some Lucky tiger menthol moisturizing vanishing cream.
    Fendrihan through in a sample of a menthol body wash and omega eucalyptus shaving cream.
    Fitting given the amount of menthol I have purchased.

Asd, lradke, JayPo007 and 4 others like this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Nice!

6. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Still a very nice looking razor. Enjoy the shaves it provides.

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

An incoming razor to my group. The bottom of the box is beginning to wear but overall the box is in good shape and the razor is in very good shape.

[​IMG]

Asd, lradke, macaronus and 7 others like this.
  8. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

New shave sticks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344468857.631886.jpg

Asd, lradke, JayPo007 and 4 others like this.
  9. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

1940's Aristocrat

I started with a Merkur, picked up a Super Speed next and the latest acquisition is the Aristocrat. Have only used it once with a Feather blade and liked it. I tried the feather in the Super Speed and this, and got really good results. It encouraged me to try a Feather in the Merkur, and I got the best shave yet with that combo. I make quite a few trips to my Mom's about 3 hours from here, and this is going to be left there with a setup so I don't have to pack everything up when I travel up there. It amazes me the shape some of these vintage razors are in.

[​IMG]

10. Azarius

My Merkur 1904 OC and Gillette Old Type Single Ring OC, both sent today from my brother Ken. I had sent him the 1904 a while back, but after he got the FaTip and R41 it has not been getting any love.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A month or so ago I broke the screw off my 1904 head, so this saved me from buying another razor, so thanks bro.

I love the Single Ring, shaves closer than any other open comb that I own.

11. Azarius

I love that bottle. You have inspired me, I need to find something similar as that looks just so cool.

12. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

You should check ebay under " barber bottle". There were hundreds of styles of barber shop stand bottles made and they are under utilized by wetshavers.

Azarius likes this.
  13. over5feet

over5feet Active Member

well just arrived is my Plisskon (I did want either an ikon S3S or a plis) I will update what it performs like after my first shave​
    IMAG0155.jpg IMAG0156.jpg IMAG0157.jpg

Asd, battle.munky, lradke and 9 others like this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

That's the only remaining three piece handle I want to add to my rotation.

macaronus, GDCarrington and Azarius like this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I found that exact model while on vacation.

GDCarrington likes this.
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Vacation finds...not picturing some stuff I found for the travel box...heh heh...

[​IMG]

PS

I'm puzzled by the remnants of nickel on the Aristocrat's knob and a bit on the lower band. No date code so it's too early for a President (I think) so the nickel has got me confuzzled, as the doors and neck are totally brassed. Any insights are welcome. Shaves fantastically, but they always do.

Asd, lradke, americanshamrock and 6 others like this.
  17. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Ahhhh my firehouse wax finally got here today. I'll take a picture later if I decide to leave my couch lol.

americanshamrock and Azarius like this.
  18. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Chances are, it was put together with left over pieces of early Super Speeds at Gillette, some of which had been nickel plated and some which had not. Then the whole thing was gold plated.

19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Makes sense.

20. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

002 (640x464).jpg

I recently sold most of my shaving and barber shop stuff on ebay and my wife was unimpressed, she said ' Why, so you can buy more? ha ha ha ha. But the irony is that I did have extra pin money from the sales so I did go on a little spree with Shaving ie . Good vendor like all the other shaving vendors , seems to average 10 days delivery to Cali.