The Haul: August 6th - August 12th, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Chad808

Chad808 New Member

Hello,
    I'm new to the forum...as in first post was today but I've been lurking for about a month. This last week I have had the opportunity to do some antique shopping and have picked up four different DE razors. I have a few questions about these two. First razor is what I believe to be an Aristocrat but from what I can tell there were not produced in 1955. Why does this one have the A2 date code? On the second old style from what I can tell it is a 1919. Is this one of the ones prone to cracks in the handle? If so where do they crack? I have searched it over 10 times and cannot find any small or hairline cracks in it. If there is any thing else I should know about these two please inform me. Thanks!!
    Arist.JPG AristDC.JPG Old.JPG
    OldDC.JPG

Asd, lradke, battle.munky and 4 others like this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The hairline cracks will occur at either end of the barrel and can go all the way through the entire handle if they are bad enough.

It is hard to tell from the photo based on color. If the razor you have is not gold looking it is a President which is the same as an Aristrocrat but with a Rhodium plating rather than gold. Rarer razor. If it is gold tone or faded gold tone it is more than likely a Diplomat.

Here is a President.

[​IMG]

Here is a Diplomat.

[​IMG]

Here is an Aristocrat.

[​IMG]

MoAllen, Asd, lradke and 3 others like this.
  3. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Two quite rare (well outside of Poland that is) item I got today.

P1040222(1).JPG
    Wars balm, great as I already have the cream and aftershave.

P1040223(1).JPG

Wapienica NOS straight razor, made in Poland (Ive been after one of these for a while now as they are made in Bielsko-Biala which is where the GF is from in Poland) I have posted more pics in a seperate thread.

Asd, lradke, 5Savages and 7 others like this.
  4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    My new Shake Sharp Razor. Looks like a SE, Uses DE blades, and shaves like an injector.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seller's pics. I'll upload my own later when I do the review and observation thread.

MoAllen, lradke, battle.munky and 5 others like this.
  5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

3a1937f99fdbe67b7d2c375377c9a816_image_119x120.jpg I want to make a comparison between the Russian Viking Sensitive cream, and the original Bulgarian version of this cream, so I bought 3 of them from Bestshave.net, which is located in Bursa, Turkey. The tubes arrived this morning.

MoAllen, lradke, 5Savages and 3 others like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I found that same Aristocrat last week and was puzzled (still am, a little) over the nickel knob. I think mine doesn't even have a date code, which is a bit weirder.

7. Chad808

Chad808 New Member

After needed guidance from some of the more experienced members here it has been determined that I own a Diplomat not an Aristocrat. Mine has a gold knob, it is just worn and hard to tell in the pics. Score for me from what I have read. Guess I need to pick up an Aristocrat as well now! You have got me on the nickle knob and no date code. Maybe someone else has some info?

8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Someone may have tried to restore or it and failed or may have been a glitch at the factory (very bad glitch if that is the case).

9. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

I've been looking to pick up an E model Schick injector. I finally found one and won on eBay. I believe that this is a Black Handle E5. Please excuse my poor pics.

DSCN2047.JPG

DSCN2049.JPG

DSCN2051.JPG

Also had a few blades come in that I wanted to try out.

10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Nice example. Be sure to put that up on the SE and Injector Party Thread.

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

A black handled E2 (it looks like a 2)? WOW.

GDCarrington likes this.
  12. Chad808

Chad808 New Member

Catch of the day for me, $20. I could be wrong, as I was yesterday, but I think what I found today was an early TTO Aristocrat Deluxe. It looked almost as it is on the shelf in the store. I gently ran a toothbrush and dish soap over it prior to the pics. It has no date code and the only reference picture I can find puts it as a 1936. Does anyone have any further input? AristocratOC.JPG AristocratOC2.JPG

13. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Yeah, it's an Aristocrat Deluxe 1936. I won't go into what it's worth, but for $20, it's unlikely you will ever find as good a deal on a razor ever. On a bad sales day, you paid about 10% of what it's worth.

14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Catch of the YEAR, more like it! ;)

15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The razor fairy has really been smacking some of you guys with the wand lately. :happy088:

KLF, battle.munky and PLANofMAN like this.
  16. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

First of all, your pics are fine. Secondly, WOW! That is a stunning injector!

17. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

To put it mildly, Ya done good!

18. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave