The Haul: December 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Nov 30, 2017.

1. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

New soap i got for Christmas, never had a Declaration Grooming soap before (even when it was L&L) i am looking forward to trying it out. The scent is really nice, very close to TERRE D'HERMĖS which is one of my favorite fragrances
    PicsArt_12-27-01.29.04.jpg

AGHisBBS, RaZorBurn123, RyX and 14 others like this.
  2. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Some goodies my family gave me for Christmas!
    My wife told me she ordered another brush that they were making but would not be available until mid-January, so I have something to look forward to in a few weeks!
    Steve

IMG_8182.jpg
    IMG_8183.jpg

3. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

My wife smelled this aftershave in a store, and liked the smell of it, so I got it.
    81AAB08D-411A-48C1-9097-EDA125444728.jpeg
    This also showed up today. First run of the new Gold Dollar model. Will try out both tomorrow.
    823EB4CE-02A1-4CF5-9294-7AD296EA27B1.jpeg

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

She's a keeper! :happy108:

RaZorBurn123, Linuxguile and Drygulch like this.
  5. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Mail Call:- Today I received two brushes from classicshop2012 via eBay online click here, on the left is the Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger 24/54mm knot and on the right is the Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Horn 30/54mm knot see 2 image below. I give these brushes below a real good clean before I used the brush.

For some reason the 24/54mm bloom of the Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger looks better than the 30mm on the right, I can see the 2 Band Finest Badger Horn 30/54mm knot doesn't have enough bloom and splay to allow enough flow through when face lathering. Anybody owned a Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest and a Maseto 2 Band Finest 30mm knot, which brush do you like best that suit you because I'm interested in you're feedback... Cheers.

[​IMG]

On the left is the Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger 24/54mm knot vs on the right is the Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger 30/54mm knot blooming side by side.
    [​IMG]

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Looks like GD has been paying attention. No shoulder to grind off?
    Looking forward to your review Adam!

RaZorBurn123 and Drygulch like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

They really look great!

Linuxguile and SpeedyPC like this.
  8. Olie29

Olie29 Well-Known Member

7D07DFDD-BEB8-4778-AE45-1395C8E55FA9.jpeg Acquired a new tub of Awesometown...

9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

My raffle prize from @MoAllen arrived today! A very nice short-handled Black Beauty that turns out is the same year and quarter as my birth year SA-109. Mike very generously included a 10 blade tuck of Super Iridiums as well.
    3B9F38EF-BC17-4A3F-AC48-FBBBD3655963.jpeg

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Me too.

Linuxguile likes this.
  11. SmokeShowing

SmokeShowing Well-Known Member

Closing out 2017 in strong fashion with the adoption of two Jayruh works of art!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Gotta brag on @LuvWetShavin and his PIF. This, yes, ALL of this came in yesterday. There were two bars of the shampoo; took one into the shower with me this morning. First time using one and I will say I was impressed with the lather. I really wasn't expecting much but it lathered up right nice. I also used the RazoRock beehive brush, the RazoRock Tuscan Oud. I wasn't overly excited about the scent out of the tub, but once lathered up I did like it. Note to others - don't judge a soap by its scent off the puck. I learned that many years ago with TSD Tommy Bahama Type. Finished up with HBG Vermont aftershave (forgot to put it in the pic, but it was in the box) and a spritz of the Bigelow 1585 Elixir White.

Saturdays are my straight razor shaves, Sundays are for SEs, so tomorrow I'll load up the Feather razor you see here.

Tad, thanks again, man!
    20171230_093104.jpg

Drygulch, AGHisBBS, SpeedyPC and 13 others like this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Got a little Burma shave loving from the bay.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drygulch, AGHisBBS, SpeedyPC and 10 others like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Are you going to put coffee in that mug?

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Not this one. I already habe one I use for coffee. It is in some of my shave videos I think.

Enrico likes this.
  16. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

20171229_111216-2295x1721.jpg

This arrived yesterday (after only purchasing it two days beforehand - speedy postage!)

Can't wait to give it a go but I'm going to try to wait for my strop to arrive, which should be about a month. Thanks go to @Billyfergie for both the honing and indirectly for the strop ;)

Drygulch, AGHisBBS, SpeedyPC and 8 others like this.
  17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

First shave will not need the strop.....just saying....not enablin or anything.....just a statement......

mrchick and Dansco like this.
  18. swarden43

A true statement, to be sure.

Dansco likes this.
  19. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Yeah I didn't think I did but what if I love it and want to use it more times in the rest of the month? ;)

Don't worry about offending me by treating me like a newbie - I literally have no idea what I'm doing with it! :happy097:

mrchick and Jim99 like this.
  20. swarden43

Yes, use it after that first shave and for all others.

Dansco likes this.