The Haul: February 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Thanks, it does seem to have an almond scent to it, nice........

9nein9 and RyX like this.
  2. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

My Haul from PAA Yesterday. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim99, preidy, AGHisBBS and 12 others like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    These birdseye maple and ebony wood blanks came in today. IMG_6413.JPG IMG_6419.JPG
    Look what I found inside:
    IMG_6423.JPG

Jim99, preidy, AGHisBBS and 14 others like this.
  4. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

9nein9, RyX, Jayaruh and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Thank you.

9nein9, RyX, Linuxguile and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

9nein9 and Redfisher like this.
  7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Finally a mk1 Fatip. Tolerances while not impressive are acceptable. And yes the Yaqi DOC cap is a perfect fit if I want to tame it down a bit. [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jim99, preidy, AGHisBBS and 15 others like this.
  8. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Nice B2. It's not aggressive at all. But it does raquire a very shallow angle, with the handle at nearly 90° from your face. Don't load blades in the magazine, modern blades won't work. Just carefully load in the head and away you go. I love mine.

Herm

9nein9, jtspartan, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  9. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Thanks. She really cleaned up great and really shines. I will try it out tomorrow. I hope it shaves nice.
    Steve

9nein9, Linuxguile and jimjo1031 like this.
  10. Smooth Steve

Thanks. I am looking forward to trying it out tomorrow. I hope it works well for me. I generally don't have an issue with any razor - except for my shavette! I really have not mastered that beast yet.
    Steve

9nein9 and Linuxguile like this.
  11. Smooth Steve

Thanks for the tip on the blades.
    Steve

12. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I've been a little busy as of late so I haven't had any time to post anything.
    That being said, this might take a couple of postings to get it all in.

First up are some English Leather Products.

Quite some time ago I had purchased a bottle of Racquet Club and did not like the smell. I assumed it had gone bad or this was the reason it didn't stay on the market.
    I had another chance recently to pick up another bottle so I've pictured both of them. The bottle on the left is the one I've had and the bottle on the right is the one I just acquired. You'll notice the labels are different. The one on the left says "by English Leather" and the one on the right says "by the maker of English Leather".
    Both labels say "made in USA".

001.JPG

On the bottom of the bottles you'll notice the one on the left says "MEM" and the one on the right says "MADE IN AUSTRIA FOR MEM CO".
    I'm not sure how the label can say made in USA and the bottle can say made in Austria unless it depends on whether you are referring to the paper label, the glass bottle, or the contents.

002.JPG

You will also notice that the contents are not the same color. I applied some to my wrists for comparison and noted that they are probably (or once were) the same scent but the one on the right smells better than the one on the left. It is possible that neither one had a long shelf life and they're both going bad or again, I've discovered the reason this product didn't stay on the market. It is also possible that they are different formulas or just the same formula in different stages of decay. I would wear the one on the right but I have so many other aftershaves that smell better I'm guessing these will stay in my aftershave museum.

003.JPG

Next up are two (MEM) English Leather sets that I bought together. I didn't need all of the products but I liked the grooming kit and the other set had both Musk and Spiced which I didn't have. Plus, both sets together were less than $30 delivered. I'll probably PIF the rest after I inventory my existing stock.

014.JPG

017.JPG

016.JPG

018.JPG

Misphit, Jim99, preidy and 10 others like this.
  13. Herm2502

Picked up an small lot on eBay. A WWII Contact Tech, an NOS 1965 (K3) ball end Tech and a user grade GEM Junior. Not sure what I'll do with them. [​IMG]

Herm

preidy, AGHisBBS, 9nein9 and 11 others like this.
  14. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

More stuff...

Some Old Spice Night Spice cologne - 2 oz bottle, approximately 3/4 full.
    I've only sampled this a little but so far I would say that it's simply a slightly stronger version of regular Old Spice cologne. I've been curious about it but the price always seems too high. This bottle came together with a 2.5 oz bottle of P&G Old Spice a/s and a 4.25 oz bottle of Shulton Old Spice a/s (approximately 3/4 full). I got all three for $19.

004.JPG

A cute little Tabac travel set. Both the cologne and the a/s have a little bit of product left in them and the soap has never been used.

006.JPG

008.JPG

A Seaforth mug that had a puck of Colgate in it. The mug has some color variations but the labels (front and back) are both good.

009.JPG

And finally a Seaforth Two Nations set. I've seen these before in the 4 oz bottles and couldn't afford them so I was pleased to pick up these little 1.75 oz bottles (both full) for $16. Both smell very nice and I already used some of the Leather which smells very much like English Leather.

010.JPG

011.JPG

Jim99, AGHisBBS, 9nein9 and 10 others like this.
  15. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

At least it doesn’t smell like fish!

16. jimjo1031

I was looking at that......

9nein9, Jorvaljr and Herm2502 like this.
  17. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Just keep the head at or near flat to your face. Generally the repeating razors have a good blade feel and IMO are pretty easy to use. Great shavers!

9nein9 and Herm2502 like this.
  18. Herm2502

I was the only bidder.

Herm

9nein9, Jorvaljr and jimjo1031 like this.
  19. jimjo1031

Yep, I missed it.............

9nein9 and Herm2502 like this.
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Missed this one. Veddy nice schick!

9nein9 and Smooth Steve like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.