The Haul: January 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Today I received 2 PAA soap & aftershave bundles - Dirt & Tombstone. Both smell great from just opening the containers!
    Steve

IMG_4318.jpg

Sparrow, AGHisBBS, Jim99 and 15 others like this.
  2. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Found a GEM case with blade banks! In excellent condition I might add... And a mismatched super speed with it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AGHisBBS, Jim99, Drygulch and 14 others like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I was out with my GF at a couple of thrift stores and at one of them, I saw a couple of razors I needed to complete a couple of my cases. I really wasn't there to buy anything, mostly my GF wanted a few knick knacks for the place, and I got to talking with the owner and the subject of vintage razors came up. He needed a Gillette Flair Tip and a Star 1912 SE, for his collection, for two cases he had that were in mint condition. So, knowing that, I struck up a deal with him and I got the New Open Comb for my case and another Open Comb with ball handle for my case which came from the Winchester Store. So, it ended up being that I traded one of my Flair Tips and my best Star razor, other one missing blade stop, for the two Gillettes. He also threw in a Metalfield Traveler Kit, minus razor and leather case. These came with Gillette Techs, and since I have a few of them, one of them found a new home. All in all, not a bad day, considering I wasn't planning on getting any razors.

IMG_0917n.jpg

Sparrow, AGHisBBS, Jim99 and 14 others like this.
  4. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

I blame @HolyRollah for this purchase. Since seeing his idea to use a vintage stamp holder as a brush holder here I've been on the look out for one. Found this one today. Think it will clean up nicely.
    [​IMG]

Sparrow, AGHisBBS, Jim99 and 17 others like this.
  5. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Yeah.Man..Good Catch that One..:rah:

Billy..:chores016:

americanshamrock and Robyflexx like this.
  6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

americanshamrock and RyX like this.
  7. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thanks Steve! :happy088:

americanshamrock likes this.
  8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Use Plastidip to coat the prong ends and you'll be good to go! Not an essential step, but if you're worried about scuffing/scratching the finish on your brushes, its an easy protective measure to do.

americanshamrock, RyX and Jorvaljr like this.
  9. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Paa makes its. I got this one from bst for $30. All because the guy scratched it lol and boom I bought it 1/2 off msrp

10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

:happy088:

americanshamrock and Jorvaljr like this.
  11. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I picked up some Pinaud Special Reserve and Bay Rum today along with some Suavecito pomade at a local barber supply store. I'll be decanting them into glass bottles tonight. I also scored a silver shaving cup (for some reason it looks gold in the picture) with a leather handle while at a thrift store.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Sparrow, AGHisBBS, Jim99 and 14 others like this.
  12. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Great score Ben! :happy088:

13. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

How do you like that pomade?mMy barbershop sells it and I'm curious.

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Very nice! I'm watching for one myself. Thinking about Plasti-Dip to coat the clips to protect brush handles.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

americanshamrock and Robyflexx like this.
  15. ob1page

I'll try it tomorrow and I'll let you know. It will be my first pomade

16. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Another great idea Kevin. Initially, I was going to forego it but those edges are sharp plus I think the added grip will help with the more rounded grip handles. Now I need to figure out what color....
    The good thing is that this one has 6 clips and I have 6 brushes. The slot in my razor stand makes me feel like if I get 1 more brush I'll be done with brush acquisition. Good luck on the hunt Rick. They are out there and can be found cheap (in my personal one time experience).

Billyfergie, RyX and Robyflexx like this.
  17. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice. Yeah it is smaller than I thought it would be. What knot are you going to use?

Jorvaljr likes this.
  18. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I put in a 23.5mmx68mm and it's big . Personally I didn't really think about how to install or what size. It seems to me that there is a step missing for the install. I thought there would be some kind of snap ring or something preventing the knot from being able to come out simply gluing it in seems a little too simple and not as stable but maybe I'm doing it wrong

Linuxguile likes this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Macbook (pull down from the "Tools" tab)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  20. ob1page

I have never tried a pomade before but I like this one. I'm used to using a paste and this performed similarly. A finger tip of product spread throughout my hair was more than enough. I bought the firme hold, it didn't turn my hair into concrete but 5 hours later it's still holding great. I like it and because it's water based I'm going to start using it over my pastes.

Linuxguile likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.