The Haul: January 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyX

RyX DoH!

I was out of town, so I had to stop at the Post Office. Out of the big ole mail box a couple knots via Clint @clint64 . On the left a Sunrise synthetic that will find a handle shortly. The WD High Mountain badger is going into a ferrule for my B-400 handle.
    clint64 Sunrise & WD high mountian.gif
    Tom @twhite did me a solid when he sent a couple extras in regular and extra large. The big 27mm is getting a boar knot in a fan shape to reproduce or exceed the original Rubberset 400 style.

No photo of the other package but it's an olfactory treat. From Chris @americanshamrock, a second very generous sample of an experimental shaving cream he's developing. The first was lavender / menthol using a secret ingredient. It tested very well. I don't recall if this one is also menthol but I suspect so. It smells good enough to eat!
    York peppermint patty get the sensation.jpg

Jayaruh, Sparrow, IDuck and 13 others like this.
  2. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

The whole anthrax story with horse hair brushes goes back to WWI - here's an article from the New York Times talking about it. Rather interesting. http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=9E0CEED9133DE533A2575BC1A96E9C946896D6CF

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    RyX and americanshamrock like this.
  3. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Latest delivery today: the Merkur 43c (yes 43c not 34c). It is one heavy razor. Same head as the 34c HD. Also a new stand and a bottle of Clubman Bay Rum. The brush I already had - an Art of Shaving best badger (discontinued and picked up rather cheap - for Art of Shaving anyway) . When I shaved with my Edwin Jagger Chatsworth, I found that the longer handle and bulbous shape was easy to hold - even though it was a smooth handle. So I bought this razor since it had a similar style handle (stainless steel) but with the Merkur head that I like.

Merkur 43c.jpg

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    jimjo1031, Jayaruh, IDuck and 14 others like this.
  4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Great hauls y'all!

On deck today; Penhaligon's Scent Library!

For $28 shipped from fleabay, this is a fantastic way to find out what Penhaligon's is all about. Bottles of this stuff are way more than I want to spend just to try a new scent.

Heavenly!

IMG_20170130_175029-1024x859.jpg

IMG_20170130_175011-1024x1488.jpg

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, Sparrow and 13 others like this.
  5. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

That is a good looking razor.

6. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

It is really heavy. I just shaved with it. You can't help but let the razor do the work. The handle fills the hand and was very easy to grip when wet. Need to use it a few more times to get use to the weight.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  7. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

I got the Rocnel SE(P) scalloped to day as well as the red proraso preshave 100mm and the green one 400mm. Also 2 brush stands that are really useless because my good brushes won't fit. Only the ones I don't use any more.
    I already have the Rocnel SE(P) but the CC one and love the idea of a split DE blade. It also shaves fantastically well.
    I'll be testing the new one 2morrow, but as everything else is the same I don't expect any radical difference between the two.

jimjo1031, SpeedyPC, Jorvaljr and 4 others like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Red is in the house!
    Proraso from Neal.gif

AGHisBBS, jimjo1031, Demidog and 9 others like this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I received a jar of Stirling Baker Street and a bath bar, this soap is fantastic.

AGHisBBS, Demidog, SpeedyPC and 6 others like this.
  10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

As long as I use Tapatalk, I have never had a size issue, whether it's a photo from my phone or the highest res I can get from my camera.

mrchick, RyX, Drygulch and 1 other person like this.
  11. Sergio Avalos

Sergio Avalos Member

[​IMG]
    Picked this up today at Family Dollar. I called around and this is the last one.

Fas est et ab hoste docari

AGHisBBS, jimjo1031, Drygulch and 5 others like this.
  12. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

Monday was a good day! Snagged this one for a song! Eclipse Red Ring...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I just have to wait for it to get across the pond!

13. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Good buy. I use Barbasol after shave all the time. The military PX carries it for not much more and no tax.

Sergio Avalos, mrchick and RyX like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.