The Haul: January 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2017.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nothing feminine about the Veg. It was created for the Hungarian Calvery as I recall. Wear it loud if you are chosen. Remember The Veg chooses you...not the other way around!

2. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Thanks.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I don't find it offensive at all, just a little different. My favorite, as of late, is Special Reserves.

twhite and RyX like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Good man!! Special Reserve is awesome sauce of a high degree. Real Indiana Jones stuff

twhite, Enrico and RyX like this.
  5. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

I received a new package today. Picked up two of the PAA travel scuttles from my son & I along with a tub of How to Grow a Mustache G+ Oubliette Synergy Shaving Soap and a Mentholated Cube pre-shaving soap. The scuttles look well made and should work well. I will try mine tomorrow.
    Steve

IMG_8493.jpg
    IMG_8494.jpg
    IMG_8495.jpg

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

:signs011::eatdrink047::happy088:

Enrico likes this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Love a nice warm lather shave. That scuttle looks nice!

Smooth Steve likes this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yes I stolanated the Indiana Jones reference.

Enrico and RyX like this.
  9. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

10. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Thanks. I think I will try it in the microwave to see how it holds the heat. I'm with you, I like a warm lather.
    Steve

wchnu likes this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

I borrowed it from someone else, and forget who. Can't give it back, so it's cool if you take it for a ride, too.
    Indiana-Jones on motorcycle.jpg

AGHisBBS, twhite, jimjo1031 and 2 others like this.
  12. Dver42

Dver42 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

1961 Gillette FatBoy arrived today. Fresh paint on the numbers/dots has it looking great. Very little wear on this bad boy. Nice addition to the collection

13. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

The Walgreens near me had the VdH Luxury kit (the one with the green bowl) on clearance for $5.99. Also, I received a pack of Japanese Schick Twin Injectors from @Linuxguile .

14. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Arrived today!! I’m super happy about the bulldog. The president looks really good

9B0DCBA8-1BCE-4081-8210-11C659E625AC.jpeg

15. brit

brit in a box

hello fello shavers, just arrived..... 20180127_172957 (1).jpg will try the black ship captains reserve on monday.

16. riffin

riffin Active Member

Sorry. I probably should know this, but what exactly are the things on the top left and top right?

RyX likes this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

Still in their boxes, hard to tell. I understand.

Top left is a Luts. It's a New In Box, New Old Stock, 1930's German made Slant DE 3 piece razor. I haven't tried a slant yet, so it was an opportunity to bring one into my Den. I've been Slant Curious since I first heard about them. I'll get ahead if the Nay Sayers and propose it may be a cure for a problem that doesn't exist. That by doing a Gillette Slide you get the same effect. OK, fine. I'm going to still enjoy my brand new Vintage, never used by anyone before me 80+/- year old DE. More info HERE. They are available on the bay.

The top right is a loaner. It's a Blackland Blackbird three piece, with a couple extra pieces. Made entirely of stainless steel, it has two different base plates; a guard bar & an open comb. There are two handle options; long at 101mm, & short at 70mm. Member James @LOOT purchased this one in the polished option with the full package of parts. I've only shaved with it once so far. Aggressive, efficient, and very pretty to see in person. Besides a Futur clone, the Ming Shi 2000S, this is the only modern razor I've experienced. All those in my den are of the vintage variety. More info HERE. I don't think the BB is currently available unless someone is selling theirs second hand.

18. riffin

riffin Active Member

Got it! Thanks! I did check out the BB a while ago but didn't recognize the box. Enjoy!

Linuxguile and RyX like this.
  19. Navarrsky

Navarrsky Well-Known Member

A couple of Wiborg's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  20. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I just received four Little Giant razor blade planes. Two pairs - one flat, one curved in each pair. Still with the original horribly rusty tetanus risk razor blade installed. Why don't people remove those, I wonder?

Going to keep two, and pass two on to my father. I'll have to clean off the old paint and repaint with a good aluminum primer, then red paint. They're in solid shape, they just have heavy paint chipping.

Yes - I _do_ plan to use them.

SHAVEWIZARD420, RyX, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.