The Haul: July 9th, 2012 - July 15th, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 9, 2012.

1. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Yeah, love the black-handled slims. Great shavers. I regret selling mine.

2. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Snapshot_20120713.JPG

My John Pimble barbers hone came in the mail today. Thanks again Glen. My hone set is now complete.

GDCarrington, Asd, alpla444 and 3 others like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I've tried the DD handle with numerous heads, not just Gillette's, and it's always worked. Makes for a great grip.

Hanzo likes this.
  4. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I bought myself an early birthday gift and the kind postman delivered it today. This will be in my regular rotation.

I Coloniali Soap.jpg

5Savages, Asd, alpla444 and 2 others like this.
  5. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1040147(1).JPG

my lates razor befor cleaning, (Its a 1946-1947 USA aristocrat) user grade, and missing the blade box, but hey it was cheap, Ive used it twice already and it shaves very well, better than the English 1948 'crat' that I had and have now sold.
    P1040172(1).JPG
    And here is a cleaner looking razor and case.

Attached Files:

5Savages, Hanzo, lradke and 4 others like this.
  6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Here is something I picked up at an Antique store for a very reasonable price.

[​IMG]

5Savages, Hanzo, burnout961 and 3 others like this.
  7. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

Found me some goodies recently......iv become an avid collector of pipe holders and such to use for my razors......with that said I cant help but to pick one up when I find them at awesome prices.....so pictured are 3 of my recent captures of pipe holders which 2 of them I will strip down and fire stain and then restain. The other pic is of a Barbershop Old Fashoned Luxury mug and box both if which I got for a grand total of $3.75.....and one of 3 tubs of Zi Peppino I got in trade from PlanofMan.Thanks man!
    120715_0002.jpg 120715_0003.jpg

8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Here is another acquisition that I made.
    It is a Schick L5 better known as the "Paul Revere."

It is a really good razor. Excellent balance.

[​IMG]

IAmTheJody, lradke, Hanzo and 3 others like this.
  9. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

GD you have just aquired the holy grail of injector razors IMHO. My wife claimed my first one and would only let me touch it to load new blades and my daughter grabbed my second one. I finally traded my EZ Rider, also a great injector, for one of my own which is in my weekly rotation. Do not worry if the handle has a slight rattle as it is the weighting that occasionally dries out and makes a little tapping noise. It is a great razor; enjoy. doug

GDCarrington likes this.
  10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I own the Easy Rider as well and it comes from the same head mechanism Type L6. It is a very good injector as well with most of the same characteristics except for the back end balance of the L5. I understand why the ladies in your life procured these for themselves.

11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

That's exactly what mine does. Rattles. I couldn't imagine what was in it that would do that but I wasn't going to force the head off to see what was in there. It shaves like a dream and that's all I care about. lol

12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The rattle is due to a tolerance gap at the bottom of the handle where the ballast is. I think it is simply dropped in the handle at the point of manufacture and is blocked when the head was attached. So it rattles. Let it rattle.

13. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Last weekend, but (yet again) not shave related: a bugaboo 'cameleon'. Fun to put it together, it was.

5Savages and GDCarrington like this.