The Haul: June 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Came in a week ago ... a grey Eversharp / Schick Krona with eagle on metal tip
    IMG_0613.JPG
    It is a dark gray and in unused condition :happy093:My second Krona. I'll have to give it a go soon. :D

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

0620171413.png

Not much of a haul but I'm happy with it.

I recently lost...or temporarily misplaced, hopefully...my Parker 21 pencil which I'd just bored out from .9 to 1.1, so I just got this off the bay for $7 shipped. It takes 1.1, which I now exclusively use because you can't get superdark 4B in .7 or even .9 that I've found. As for this old advertising pencil (a plumber from Philadelphia is imprinted on the other side), I'm impressed...a really, really substantial pencil. I polished the handsome red-brown barrel with its nice hex grip combined with the smooth lower end. Makes for a comfortable but well-controlled grip. Best of all, the original eraser, hard as a rock, reversed in the ferrule and is now fresh as a daisy.

Sorry to blather on but these were QUALITY MADE. I can see how some guys collect these pencils just as often as some collect pens...but that's one rabbit hole I refuse to go down.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Are you saying I need some;
    Barbasol aftershave
    Barbasol shaving soap
    or a Barbasol razor?

Or do you want me to get all three cause you really like it and think it will create world peace if everyone uses it? :D

Honestly never tried the AS, only the soap.

mrchick, ob1page, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Some men shave so slavishly
    whipping soaps until the grave
    But you just ain't lived, good sir,
    til you've had a Barbasol canned shave!

Burma-Sh...

I mean, Barbasol!

AGHisBBS, mrchick, ob1page and 3 others like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Glad you found that one; hopefully you find the one you misplaced. I lost one, (a bill blass pen), I found it ten years later in the garden encrusted in western NY clay. Cleaned it up and it still works even after ten buffalo winters. :bounce015: I like the thicker lead on mechanical pencils, but so far I'm still using a cheap .9mm one from the grocery store.

AGHisBBS, mrchick and gorgo2 like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Until I got the Parker 21, which I used daily along with the matching fountain pen, I was using the Zebra .7 all-steel pencil, which you can get for under $5 if you can believe it (worth twice that at least). It's still the overall best pencil I've ever used; if only someone made at least 2B soft dark lead in that size it'd be perfect but I suspect that grade of lead is too weak when it's that thin and so would break often, and in any case never could find any. So that's when I traded up to 1.1.

mrchick and Enrico like this.
  7. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Mail call today from Tim Lamke. He picked the soap up for my at the St. Louis shave meetup and he sent this Auto Strop as a free gift.[​IMG]

8. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Bear? I didn't know there was bear. When was this? Why didn't I get the memo. I'm a mushroom. I like rabbit brushes. I have also seen the obscure penguin brush here at The Den.

Sent from my phone using some app

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Pics or it didn't happen.
    Jim's topped himself with the Penguin brush! I wonder if he can do an alligator, crawfish, or pelican?

AGHisBBS, mrchick, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Oh I forgot about Penguin brushes! Man they're great; super soft, and make a wonderful lather. Though I feel kind of bad taking down a whole Penguin just for their tail. Well I can use the rest for Sunday dinner. :eatdrink023:

11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Gator would be cool!

AGHisBBS, RyX, mrchick and 1 other person like this.
  12. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Darth Helmet... Space Balls!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mrchick and ob1page like this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sonic screwdriver! Here's my Dr Who blue Dalek ...
    IMG_0614.JPG
    It's a Klenzo P1053 dyed blue, weighted and bored out for a 22mm synthetic knot. I made it for my son (Dr Who fan) last Christmas.

"Exterminate, Exterminate!"

brit, Misphit, gorgo2 and 6 others like this.
  14. GarnerPW

Selfie
    Mushroom Pic.jpg

It's a little big but it works well.
    Rabbit Brush.jpg

15. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Maggards Synth?

RyX and mrchick like this.
  16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

You saved me the typing.

"Can't we all just get along?"

-R. King, 1992

"Now, can we all just go back to canned goo?

-Samurai, 2017

RyX, mrchick and ob1page like this.
  17. GarnerPW

Not canned goo. I just bought 5 soaps from MW. Viva La soap!

Sent from my phone using some app

AGHisBBS, mrchick and ob1page like this.
  18. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Be careful cleaning it. I cleaned mine and the eagle came off.

RyX, mrchick and ob1page like this.
  19. George X

George X Well-Known Member

I have a standby can of barbasol goo...can the rich creamy slather of barbasol be called goo...borderline blasphemous statement I think....no disrespect meant as I love me some some barbasol when I am in a hurry and the wife hasn't used it all up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Most of the folks I talk with prefer synthetic after they learn them. I did start a poll across the street. Most there like synthetic too. In my opinion the only think superior about a high end badger is the price. I get just as good of lather from the cheaper stuff. Then again I use Williams too.

Yes it's goo. It works...but still goo. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.