The Haul: June 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

If im in a huge hurry goo it is. May not be fancy or luxurious but it does work

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

I have not had any type can of goo in my house in six-seven years, since I started wet shaving. Now that the Wife has started using a DE, carriages are nolonger here either.

Sent from my phone using some app

Bama Samurai, ob1page and mrchick like this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I have badger, boar and synthetic. Each bristle type provides me with a different and equally rewarding shave experience.

ob1page, RyX, mrchick and 3 others like this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

:)

RyX likes this.
  5. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

My wife got like 4 cans of shave cream for the kids to make gak or floam cant remember the name anyway very little got used so I will try to use some if in a hurry. I have also converted her and shes uses some to try to use it up but its going to take a while. She has some soap samples on the way and for some reason shes always hesitant about using my brush. I can see it now that I'll be whipping her lather for her... not that I mind.

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Very true. I used barbasol during mayhem. It does work. Driving a chevy beats walking too....but just barely..m

Eggggzacally!!

7. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

The wife showed me an add on craigslist the other day. Someone listed a beat to hell, POS old car and the ad literally said... "beats walkin....$500!" :happy097:

AGHisBBS, ob1page, RyX and 2 others like this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have bought and sold a few of those over the years. You know about 80%of chevys sold in the last 20 years are still on the road. I guess the rest of them made it to the shop....:transport022:

Bookworm, ob1page, RyX and 4 others like this.
  9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I agree!

Primotenore and ob1page like this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Cream, foam, goo...it's all good. Except when it's Gillette Foamy. Not good. Too airy.

Barbasol rules. Always has, always will.

(vintage Colgate is excellent too, though)

11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sorry a little slow on reply. Yes it is a Maggard's 22mm Synthetic knot.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Can goo? Then what do you need a synthetic brush for? :happy097:

Bama Samurai, RyX and GarnerPW like this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I used hot tap water and dish soap and old toothbrush. Swished head in alcohol and lastly (for looks) wiped handle with touch of Armoral (hand buffed). Nothing too crazy. Looks new.

John Beeman, Bama Samurai and RyX like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Don't often, but I have a can of Barbasol Arctic Chill. It's a bit fluffy out of the can. When dispensed into a bowl or mug and punched down with a dribble of water in your brush the texture is thicker.

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Ahhhhhhh I see. ;)

16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I walked 5 mile in the pouring rain ... I would have paid it. :sad029: And I had no umbrella.:angry019:

17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Now that you mention it, I do believe the Arctic is ever so slightly airier/fluffier than the thick, dense original and some of the others. Hadn't thought about it before.

RyX likes this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not that it's a bad thing but Enabler!
    Donald Sutherland.jpg
    Now I'm going to have to pick up another can of the B to compare. ;)

SHAVEWIZARD420, ob1page and gorgo2 like this.
  19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

That's me! At least when it comes to Barbasol and carbon blades.

Don't break the bank spending $$$ on that uber-expensive, ultrarare, upscale shaving cream! :D

RyX, ob1page and Bama Samurai like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Some eBay specials arrived today.

First is this "Micromatic" which was really a Gillette Super Speed M2. It is a nice Gem Micromatic case with a blade bank and two Gem Reversible blades.
    IMG_4325.JPG

I made a lowball offer on these and got them. The trim comb is something I remember having from the 60s. The Enders is pretty rough, and the Schick looks like it will be usable once cleaned up. The vintage dopp bag is pretty cool. It is leather. I may try to bring it back to life with some saddle soap.

IMG_4326.JPG

brit, SHAVEWIZARD420, Jim99 and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.