The Haul: June 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

$15 is less than they sell on E-Bay, and you won't have to pay shipping. That one also appears to have most of its plating intact.

Puma, SHAVEWIZARD420, Jim99 and 4 others like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  3. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

The metal was perfect on it. Missing the bladd holder but it actually is the nicest set I've seen in person in regards to condition.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Linuxguile, Jim99 and Jorvaljr like this.
  4. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Linuxguile and Primotenore like this.
  5. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Tempted to have you get it for me then :) I have three - one being an Otto Roth overstrike - and all are user grade. :p

Linuxguile and Stu929 like this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

That's a great price. FYI I believe that set came with a cardboard pack of 5 blades. No blade bank. You can find them eBay for about $10. Not bad you can have a complete set for about $25

Linuxguile and ob1page like this.
  7. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Then I guess Ill go back tomorrow. Plenty of local shops have vintage blade packs if that's what came with it. Ill try to learn more about it

8. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

One more 5-round dispenser of Schick Plus Plats, with three more due in tomorrow. I'm really beginning to love those blades.

9. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

G2 so a 61?

RyX likes this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Sound right. If you look under the end of the handle you'll see where the little tin cap is crimped on. My BYR (G1) would be the same. That's why I don't mind having an earlier model (E4). They have a screwed on cap with little notches that allow the cap to be taken off like a nut using a spanner wrench with pins to engage the holes. See photo at 3 & 9 O'clock. Other that easing disassembly, they are both FB's. Enjoy yours!
    notches.gif

11. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

I was curious if there is a way to tighten it up? When snugged down its fine but when I open the top it seems a little loose.

Also anyone know of a tutorial for adjusting the top? One side is a tiny bit off ( thickness of a business card maybe)

Jorvaljr, RyX and ob1page like this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

In @jimjo1031's thread (HERE), there's a download about dissembling Fat Boys HERE.

Bama Samurai and jimjo1031 like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

NB 17 just got annihilated in St James, London [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

NISITO, Drygulch, theFAT98 and 16 others like this.
  14. Bama Samurai

Bully indeed. [​IMG]

NISITO, Taipan, AGHisBBS and 13 others like this.
  15. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Proper hat.

RyX, Bama Samurai and ob1page like this.
  16. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I guess I should have posted this in "what do you have out for delivery?" because, that's where it is. :)

ob1page likes this.
  17. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Ahhh, so you're the one that scored it. I was tempted to pull the trigger

Primotenore likes this.
  18. Bama Samurai

Thank you sir. Kangol 507 is my fave!

19. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Today I received a cool package from PAA with the following:

Black Bot Artisan Shave Soap - Crown King Formula 4oz
    Crown King Black Bot Aftershave & Cologne - An Epic Homage To Black Belt! 3.5oz
    Lime Ice Sage Aftershave/Cologne (w/ Aloe, Alum & Menthol) 3.5oz
    Pineapple Bay Rum Shave Soap - Crown King Formula 2oz (Bundled with I'd Rather Be Shaving Mug)
    PAA Potassium Alum Block 97 Grams (W/ Rubber Grip Band & Recyclable Plastic Travel Case)

I waited for the package to do a noon SOTD & start trying out the new goodies before leaving for Germany Monday. Used the Black Bot soap & AS with a cup of coffee in my new mug (after removing the soap). Great stuff. The Black Bot AS is the star. Love the scent and the strength seems to be excellent. Highly recommend. I just wish PAA made pucks of the Pineapple Bay Rum soap instead of placing the soap directly in the mug. I scooped it out of the mug and put in in another container and it was a bit messy. Very slick. I think I will try this Monday morning before leaving, doing a lime shave Sunday with the new AS.
    Steve
    IMG_5655.jpg IMG_5656.jpg IMG_5659.jpg

20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I gotta get a new flat hat. Woo. You even look kinda English today!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.