The Haul: March 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Feb 28, 2018.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's a balance between the gear lost to the dump and stuff that ends up on the bay. As the estate razors and brushes are reduced in number by folks with that yukky feeling, the value of the remaining gear goes up. Especially if it makes it to the auction sites.
    Fight the good fight! Save the Vintage razors!

Jim99, Edison Carter, Paul76 and 2 others like this.
  2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I just threw away a bunch of Dorco and Treet blades which I know I'll never use. Last week I pif'd two boxes of them to Greece.

3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

15% off $50 sale on eBay so I picked up 200 Astra SS for $15.55. I consider that a good deal.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

brit, Jorvaljr, jimjo1031 and 6 others like this.
  4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Scored my first puck of Vintage Williams Menthol. I drove past a store the other day and spotted it in the window but I had to wait until today when they were open so I could go back and get it. I was afraid it might be an empty box just for display but it has an unused puck ready for me to shave with.
    The original price tag says 32 cents but it cost me 2 dollars - @#$% inflation!

IMG_8833.JPG IMG_8834.JPG
    qwe.jpg

5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's the one Williams I'd like to try.

sdguero, RyX and John Beeman like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Just was the items in the boxes (brush and soap) used?

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Spice aftershave at Family Dollar is on clearance for a buck a bottle. We all know that it is not the equal of Shulton but it is hands-down better than current production Old Spice.

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Glad it finally got there. Thanks for the vintage Williams!!!

9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm glad you'll enjoy it, and thank you.

jimjo1031, wchnu and RyX like this.
  10. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I would hope not. I’m just surprised it was that cheap. Did you buy a lotto ticket too, since luck is definitely on your side.

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It is basically like any vintage Williams. You would need to add menthol to get that feel. Or at least that is what everyone says. I have not tried it myself.

RyX and Enrico like this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Vintage Williams...outstanding!! Enjoy!!

RyX, Kraken98 and jimjo1031 like this.
  13. Kraken98

Kraken98 Well-Known Member

The soap seems fine but the brush is in terrible condition. In fact the black top might even be unfixable. I might have to replace it with some other source of cap.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

14. Kraken98

Kraken98 Well-Known Member

I'm certainly excited to try it! I've been told it's different from modern Williams due to a change in formula?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Send me a pic via PM; maybe I can give some you some ideas

TestDepth likes this.
  16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That is true. Vintage Williams is tallow first ...modern is not. Both are great! Most say the vintage is easier to lather...blahh. Just have to learn to lather a working soap that does not have a bunch off extra junk in it.

RyX and sdguero like this.
  17. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Today's antique store find: a NDC Super Speed in very nice shape, with the case.
    2018-03-31 14.44.33.jpg
    2018-03-31 14.44.59.jpg
    I made the tough call to pass on a couple items: a puck of vintage Williams (the price was $20 for the puck plus a no-name mug and brush I had no interest in), and a beautiful brush ($30 for the brush and a flowery mug I had no desire to own; the seller wouldn't budge).
    2018-03-31 14.46.54.jpg
    2018-03-31 14.48.06.png
    If I wasn't currently unemployed, I would have come home with a lot more booty today.

AGHisBBS, Jorvaljr, SpeedyPC and 9 others like this.
  18. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Farmers market find. 20180331_153243_crop_699x877.jpg 20180331_153312_crop_697x830.jpg 20180331_153259_crop_720x794.jpg

AGHisBBS, Jorvaljr, SpeedyPC and 7 others like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Same here on being unemployed slowing goodies coming home.

RyX likes this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm really happy with it, it's not breaking any time soon. I think I paid just about $20, I also chose priority shipping.

Enrico likes this.