The Haul: May 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

A razor that doesn't get much love, enjoy your Schick Krona.

jimjo1031, Taipan, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  2. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Mine should be in my mailbox when I get home...first generation, blank doors & silver metal tip. Here's what I found on another forum about Krona dates:

• ca. 1964-65: original design with short metal knob, two-ply center bar, labelled with code M-5 and "Made in U.S.A" plus either a "SCHICK" or a triangle logo, blank doors, approximate weight 55-g.
    • ca. 1966: design revised with long metal knob, two-ply center bar, often labelled with code 6-M, "3-2" or "4-2", and "Made in U.S.A" plus either a "SCHICK" or a triangle logo, blank doors, approximate weight 50-g.
    • ca. 1966: as above, but grey instead of black and branded EVERSHARP with eagle logo.
    • ca. 1967-68: design revised for 1967 patents, plastic knob, one-ply center bar, often labelled with code 1-M, "PATENTS PENDING", doors stamped "Schick - Schick" or "Schick - Krona" or "Schick - (blank)", approximate weight 38-g.
    • ca. 1968-76 or later: plastic knob, one-ply center bar, various codes, doors stamped "Schick - Schick" or "Schick - Krona" or "Schick - (blank)", approximate weight 38-g.

Jim99, Linuxguile, jimjo1031 and 7 others like this.
  3. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Very nice haul today. The Delta Echo GEM Junior looks impeccable. Can't wait to use it. The pomade smells EXACTLY like Cocoa Puffs cereal. Reminds me of grade school haha. And this Kerahw Leek is great. Feels excellent in the hand and is very well built, but still lightweight. [​IMG]

4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Nice haul buddy. That gen junior looks awesome!

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  5. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Thanks! Believe me, it is definitely a keeper

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jorvaljr likes this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Another 2 reasons why I am out of NB '17...
    IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1341.jpg

7. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Came with only one blade...
    [​IMG]

Edit: First impression...wow. I thought the long handle would be awkward, but just the opposite. This thing feels *great*, and shaves *fantastically*. (Didn't use the one & only Schick blade, but a Gillette Platinum.) Not excessively mild, and well-balanced & lightweight, very efficient. If you don't have one, get one.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  8. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Twinplex Stropper. Nib with instructions.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

9. George X

George X Well-Known Member

The mail man dropped off some goodies
    First up was the anticipated software order from Stirling
    [​IMG]
    Super fast shipping and always well packaged a surprise...not pictured bay rum body sample. Thanks Rod!
    Then there was little guy I scored on eBay. A Red Point 917...other than missing the red dot, she is in beautiful shape...not shave ready but. Looks like have something to do over the long weekend
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

In addition to being talented, Jim is such a class guy.

11. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

Commodore X3. For a Simpson you don't hear much about this brush. Giving it a shot tomorrow. DSCN1002[1].JPG

12. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Glad to have you back among the addicted.

I'm thinking you almost made it as far as you did during NB '16. Actually, didn't you start in the fall? That's gotta count for something.

Anyhow, its great to have you back helping the economy. I can hardly go a week so several months is quite an accomplishment.

13. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I hauled a few new to me razors. I got a 34chd, I'm thinking it'll be pif'ed. I already have one inn my collection.
    It came with another razor, (the one i wanted) it is a Parker 99R. $_1-2.jpg I also hauled a 46 contract tech in gun coat. It's primed for tomorrow's sotd. $_1-3.jpg $_1-4.jpg

14. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Nice looking Gem and being lightweight, the Kershaw Leeks are great pocket knives.

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  15. jimjo1031

It's a good little shaver.

mrchick, George X and Corto like this.
  16. Jorvaljr

I like their soaps.
    Nice haul!

Primotenore likes this.
  17. Jorvaljr

That's cool! I have a red one, I've tried using it, but I couldn't feel any difference.

George X likes this.
  18. jimjo1031

A couple of items I've been waiting for. A 21mm Synthetic knot so I can finally finish up my new project. And the big one, a Jayaruh #156 with a 30mm Tuxedo knot, which I will use for today's shave.

15078584_1435317689831579_7372034044349708698_nm.jpg

Comparison of my Frank Shaving 26mm Synthetic GW Brush vs. Jayaruh #156 30mm Tuxedo Brush.

20170526_133400.jpg

19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

A surprisingly small Hardright brush, soap dish and Old Spice.

IMG_0573.JPG

As for it's size ... I'm up for a challenge. :D

20. brit

brit in a box

never used a straight before but that is one cool looking razor..

Linuxguile, mrchick and George X like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.