The Haul: October 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Mail Call:- Today I've received 2 Gem Micromatic Eye Bullet Tip the flying wing from 1947, however the Gold GEM is in fantastic condition and doesn't need replating and the door open and close is very smooth with the bottom turning dial.

The chrome (silver) GEM will be replating very soon in nickel next year in 2018 when I send this to Dave in NZ, while I'm waiting on the GEM Personna coated blades from Connaught Shaving in UK very soon I'll be shaving with the Gold Micromatic Eye Bullet Tip. I'm so glad the Bullet Tip hunting season is over it's been a long time for me to get these in great condition, and I'm going to keep these until I'm dead so I can pass this on to my youngest cousin in my family...... see below [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  2. Sammy1

Sammy1 Active Member

I just got these last weekend at the Flea Market, the mug was $5, brush was $3, and the blade case was $2. The brush and mug looked brand new, just no box.

Attached Files:

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Three new knots from Maggard.
    IMG_5523.JPG

4. George X

George X Well-Known Member

Scentsory overload in a good way
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim99, RaZorBurn123, Enrico and 10 others like this.
  5. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Mail Call:- Today I've received my Colonial Razors - The General Stainless Steel [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

The spare Colonial stainless steel handle is for the General aluminium head

[​IMG]

6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Awesome haul, George!

7. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Two recent purchases arrived yesterday. The first was an English Four-Piece Flat Bottom Tech.
    IMG_0118.JPG IMG_0120.JPG It was listed as a vintage Star razor but, unbeknownst to the well-meaning seller, lurked a Gillette.

Overall condition is good with some brassing of the safety bars and the bottom portion of the handle. There's a couple of interesting things about it, though:

First, there is the question of how an English razor ended up in a case from a military razor from a different company. (Did ASR even use this case in England?)

Next, there are the blades which are still wrapped in cellophane. I'm wondering if these could be the original blades which came with the razor.

Finally, there is the two-piece handle. Apparently, it is somewhat of an unusual variant. Mr. Razor doesn't show any exactly like it as the others either have a different knurling or are missing the two rings near the end. In fact, the only other one I could find on the Internet was from a WTB post on another forum and that photo apparently came from a German eBay auction.

Now for the second package:
    IMG_0117.JPG
    I normally don't go for auctions for NOS blades, but the seller was throwing in the razor and, with an opening bid of $0.99 and $1.19 shipping, I decided to go for it. I love the typography on the wrappers and, especially, the use of the phrase "Newly Improved". The adverb makes it seem so quaint compared to the modern "New AND Improved".

The razor is an NDC post-War Tech and needs more cleanup but I'm sure it will shave fine.

8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Congrats! I shaved with my newly acquired nickel plated and enjoyed my shave this morning!

9. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

today a parcel from the 4711 store in Cologne arrived:

[​IMG]
    Content: 4711 Portugal After Shave Lotion + 4711 Portugal Skin Milk

I opened the After Shave Lotion yet and what i can detect, are Oranges which are not too sweet. Maybe a touch of "bitterness", like Grapefruit or something like that. To me it smells a little bit like Christmas, when you sit in your livving room and peel an orange or a clementine. Very nice. After some time the notes are changing into something "woodsy". The fruity note is still present. Very nice. Curious if the Skin Milk will feel and if the scent be like the Lotion.

Now i should take a choice, which one i use for my next shave...or should i use both?! But to see how it feels on the skin, it should be used seperatly.

That´s it for now.

Greetings
    Thorsten

10. Sammy1

Sammy1 Active Member

I just picked up 6 Avon products at a Church rummage sale. The hammer, capitol, and beeker type bottle were all Wild Country. The tennis ball was Spicy and the thermos was sweet honesty body splash(women's
    scent?) the pewter soap dish came with Clint puck soap. All were new in boxes, got all for $6.00 total. The soap I thought I would try it as a shaving soap and see how it works.

Attached Files:

11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I've heard from friends that they're really nice. Gotta get some someday.

RaZorBurn123 and FaceScraper like this.
  12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

nice haul...........

FaceScraper and RyX like this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I was hoping this would come in prior to us moving ...

IMG_0835.JPG

One is an Aristocrat Jr and a Rocket came in from Greece. The look pretty good even with a small amount of plate loss on the crat jr.

14. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Brit Red Tip Super Speed (to complete the trio).

IMG_4643-2.JPG

All three Red Tips

IMG_4649 2.JPG

15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Birthday money pays off. In today is Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap and Bowl and Musgo Real Classic Shave Soap.
    IMG_5533.JPG

I had an old empty TOBS tub and I repurposed it for the Musgo Real.
    IMG_5534.JPG

AGHisBBS, RaZorBurn123, RyX and 10 others like this.
  16. George X

George X Well-Known Member

Thanks Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 likes this.
  17. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Bang head, hang head, hang head! No more buying![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, Enrico, George X and 9 others like this.
  18. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Don't judge me![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, Enrico, George X and 10 others like this.
  19. Jorvaljr

Lol we have all been there....

RyX, FaceScraper and sdguero like this.
  20. Jorvaljr

Damn! Congrats!! I can’t find the rocket version of the red tip and blue tip. Let me know if you see a couple..

FaceScraper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.