The Haul: September 2014

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Aug 31, 2014.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

:mail:

crackstar and Omelmad like this.
  2. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I've just receive another 150 blades from the land of Sputnik. I just came upon the ebay sales ad, and it said it was the last one in stock, so I panicked :)
    In hindsight I have guessed that the vendor in Russia, one of the few who sells these blades, probably restocks by visiting the local grocery store.

I have also purchased a bottle of glycerine. I have been planning to buy one of these for a very long time, so long that I have forgotten the reason why. Hopefully it will come to me before the stuff expires

DSC_8143.JPG

DSC_8147.JPG

Bobcat, GDCarrington, tuxxdk and 7 others like this.
  3. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

[​IMG]

My Ever-Ready 1912 finally showed up. It looks like it's in perfect condition. I can't wait to use it. There were also two Ever-Ready SE blades in the box too. But I won't use those.

The Cold River Savon No.1 smells really good to me. I'm excited to see how it performs. The shipping was also really fast. I ordered it on Friday.

4. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

New Schick Injector arrived today.

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

5. Boojum1

Wife's K 2 Lady Gillette Champagne Star Razor also arrived today. :)

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

6. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Boojum1 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Boojum1 likes this.
  8. R.D.Nelson

R.D.Nelson Well-Known Member

that's a very nice razor for your wife. would love to find one like it and get my wife into using safety razors.

FatherofSquirrel and Boojum1 like this.
  9. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. Boojum1

+1

If you watch the bay for a while, get an idea of the prices, you'll spot the good deals. A brand new, in the package, 1973 Lady Gillette Blue Star went for $119.00 a few days ago. Once our wives realize the economics of cartridge shaving and experience the closeness of a DE shave they will be much more likely to switch. Good luck!

ObiDon likes this.
  11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  12. Boojum1

It was one of those deals where you're just watching and can't believe what an incredible price it's going to go at. And, you think, hey if it's gonna go that cheap, I gotta have it! Then BOOM you snag it for a dollar more. :D

Omelmad and ObiDon like this.
  13. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Aha the game's afoot :scared007:I'm on the hunt all the time. Saw a replated Toggle go for under $275 when the junk is going for much more.

Boojum1 likes this.
  14. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

It looks very nice =)

15. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

I stopped by my favorite shaving supply store, Pasteur's pharmacy in NYC, the other day. I had some time to kill between appointments.
    uploadfromtaptalk1409841253964.jpg
    I will be using the Proraso blue today, and the TOBS coconut tomorrow. I have to admit it, I'm excited.
    Have a great day!

16. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hey Friends,

my personal "No Buy August" is finally over. ;):eatdrink047: Now i´m back!!! :happy108:So, today i bought this wonderfull stuff:

[​IMG]
    Swiss Pitralon...i love it so much...but the Swiss Pitralon is an aftershave that you hate or love. There seems to be nothing in between. For me i can say, i L-O-V-E the scent. The skin feel and the qualities of this water are truly fantastic. I don´t know one Aftershave with better skincare than this one. As you can read...it´s a love affair...:love055::love029:

Greetings
    Thorsten

17. Boojum1

August was Schick month. This just arrived from Spain today.

IMG_0677.JPG
    NOS 65-66 Schick M1 Dial Adjustable

IMG_0679.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

18. RaZorBurn123

FatherofSquirrel and Boojum1 like this.
  19. Boojum1

Thanks!

I agree, it's a beauty. The question is: Do I store it or do I use it?

What would you guys do?

20. RaZorBurn123

I'm not a collector. I'd use it. But that's me. I would understand if you choose not to use it.