The iKon Slant has finally arrived!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Azarius, Aug 27, 2013.

1. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Is this something that could be fixed by adding one of those rubber bands for braces to the post? A possible 2 cent fix for a $150 razor...

2. if6was9

if6was9 New Member

Elaborate please, thanks.

3. JayPo007

JayPo007 Well-Known Member

Wow what a beautiful razor. Price is a little hard to swallow. Curious to see how you like the shave.

ChiefShaver likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Fine review.
    Don't need it.
    Don't need it.
    Don't need it.

ChiefShaver likes this.
  5. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Not sure Ryan, but that is a great idea. There is a lot of play with the blade around the post, but that maybe a simple work around.

Although it bothers me immensely, it still does not take away from how good all other aspects of this razor is.

6. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team

Fellas, Denial ain't a river in Egypt, y'know!

(What has "need" got to do with it, anyway?) :D

swarden43 and battle.munky like this.
  7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Personally, I think the Ikon slant is a one very cool-looking razor: big, burly aesthetic, with 'industrial-style' stainless vibe.
    If it were priced at about 1/2 the current price tag, I would probably be all over it.
    For less money, I'd probably get another 39c & simply have it rhodium plated— AS IF I needed another slant.;)

8. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

[​IMG]
    I must give a shout out to Geo Fatboy, after watching his iKon Slant video I now know how to perfectly align the blade within seconds. For this particular razor it is much better to hold the head in your hand and twist the handle on while it is linear.

Any complaints I may have about this razor are far outweighed by it's performance. Hands down it is my favorite razor in my den, pushing down the Merkur 37C Slant and the Merkur Progress to the number two and three positions.

9. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Awesome razor,awesome picture.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Azarius likes this.
  10. newb

newb Resident Newb

Ok, iKon's are beautiful. But is there a blade alignment issue with yet another iKon ? Greg makes another beautiful razor but alignment issue's seem to be all to common with iKon.

11. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Seems like it may just be a matter of learning the right way to load the blade. Merkurs have alignment issues too if you don't load the blade correctly.

12. newb

newb Resident Newb

Never had a problem with a Merkur.... But I do have a first edition iKon OC Bulldog that is beautiful, but totally unshaveable. Just sayin....