The insanity continues

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by CSL, Feb 27, 2011.

1. CSL

CSL Member

Here we have the case & cardboard packaging that came with a 1930s US Aristocrat & therefore not the correct razor for that case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110651967722&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The razor included is a late model superspeed & the seller states in the description that it is not an Aristocrat.

So, someone payed $104 for basically, an empty case & the cardboard box it came in.

Did someone want the case that badly, or were people just not reading the description?

Now, don't get me wrong. I have an Aristocrat that needs a case & I would be willing to pay $30-$40 for a decent one, but $104??? Am I missing something here?

&, by the way, the case did not look like it was in mint condition.

2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I have to be honest.. had I seen this listing, I'd have paid that and maybe a little more. I've got a mint 1934 Aristocrat, with mint blade box and mint case. What I don't have is the 2 shipper boxes or the directions. To make my set complete, it'd totally be worth the $110.66 shipped price... especially since I'd turn around and sell the case and blade box as a set to.. someone like you who'd pay $30 to $50 for those alone. Then I'd only be out $80.66 to $60.66. Then I could sell the Super Speed for $15 to $20... you get the idea... :D

3. CSL

CSL Member

Well, Dang!!!

I wish you had bought it - then I'd have ended up with the case I wanted!

In the light of your comments, I now see the price isn't seem as outrageous as I'd first thought.

4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I would have bought it if I'd seen it. I'm still trying to figure out how I missed it as it does fall within my eBay search strings. :think002

5. CSL

CSL Member

Bummer!