"The Laurel"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by TheCopperHat, Oct 25, 2010.

1. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

I picked one of these up from a local shop complete with the tin and one blade, what a fantastic addition to my collection. Apparently a few ebay sellers have some blades still kicking around for it, the bakelite base on mine is cracked and thus destined for some glue and a shelf. Still a very amusing razor though. Overall Length is approx 1.5".

Not a picture of mine but a picture to represent.
    [​IMG]

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

cute little razors! I dig the tin.

3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

FYI, these tiny double edge razors like the Laurel and the Myatt make great necklace pendants. I had one of the Myatt open comb mini DE razors replated in gold, a small hole put in the handle end for a ring and I wear it on a gold chain. It's a great wet shaving conversation starter.

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

pictures?

5. IAmTheJody

I'll get a couple up soon. [​IMG]

6. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Very interesting idea! I was actually thinking about making this one into a keychain at first but I'm hard on my keys and want this thing to be around for a little bit yet. Definatley like to see those pictures though!

7. shaveslave

shaveslave Member

the mr. t of wet shavers!

8. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

Jody, that sounds like a great idea. I have one of the little Emir razors that came with a lot I won. Maybe I should make a pendant out of it. It's way too small to be a very useful razor.

9. very nice, I would also like to have one! :rolleyes:

10. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

I kinda like this idea!! The Myatt isn't all that small though. The handle is pretty short, but the head is pretty much the same size as a standard d/e ain't it? (I have yet to break down and part with some $ for one and can't quite remember when I have looked at one!)

11. IAmTheJody

You're thinking of the full size Myatt.

The Myatt lady is small.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Yikes - that is a teeny one! Gold plated around the neck eh? I like!